Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this bar end mirror yet? I removed the the bar to attach the new bar end fitted for the CRG arrow but the old fitting won't come loose. Does anyone know how to remove the fitting inside?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership where I bought it from said to use a hammer slide if I recall correctly. I don't have one so he said to take off the bar end, put the screw back in and put a wrench around the screen and try and smack it out with a hammer. I'll give it a try

·
Registered
540 Posts
slidehammer is just a fancy word for "brute force tool". They are insanely cheap and, when you need one, nothing else will do. Basically one end is a bearing or bushing puller (hooks that face 'out') on a long rod with a plate or nut on the other end. Along the rod is a heavily weighted handle that you slam into the plate, to yank on the claws, and pull bearings/bushings out of stuff.

You put the hook(s) on the pointy end, insert, hook on to what you want to remove, then just start slamming the slide weight into the other end. Seriously, these are worth their weight in gold.

·
Registered
501 Posts
compress the bar end shaft clip just inside end of handle bar. then pull out. Or slider hammer which ever. LOL

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw a diagram with the clip inside the grip, that's the best way I'd assume. Is there a way to peel the grip back?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts