Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not mine, sorry. Just from the Thai CBR250 site.

They're not shy when it comes to experimenting and modding.

Check out another thread from today.

Twin Mufflers

but anyway, for the sake of 2000b I would be interested in it. Personally I'd like to ride one first, but not easy to organise that I'd say. Would be interested once performance isn't lost though loss of back pressure etc.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Wow. The cat is huge for a 250. 2000THB/ $65 is a great deal. Keeps the stock look so the cops don't automatically have a reason to hassle you. I may at least try some drill holes around the outlet. It's interesting that the dynos of slip ons show that the stock exhaust can't be beat for top end power. The only gains are always on the bottom and mid range.

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
If there was a dyno and sound clip to show a comparison that would be sweet.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
You can get the horse power increase of a slip on for a fraction of the price. I am probably going to stay with the catalyst though as the main reason I ride is to be more green.
You may, or may not get a tiny increase in horsepower, but on the road, it'll be unnoticeable. It's a complete waste of money in my opinion, and you will have f****d up your silencer, and devalued your bike.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
and It should be on par with all of the dynos I've seen from the various slip on companies that all seem to give about 8% peak hp gain all across the bottom and mid range which will also improve fuel economy.
I know what you're saying, but unless you want to burn other CBR 250R's of by a little bit, it doesn't really make any difference on the road, and will likely put people off buying it if you want to sell.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Gotta lurve buffoonery.

All that effort.

·
Registered
706 Posts
i like cats. they keep the air cleaner. Besides, cutting the cat on a 1 banger for "the performance" is a joke.
Free performance no matter how small is still free.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Still ugly, heavy and no clearance.... just noisy as well now.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Still ugly, heavy and no clearance.... just noisy as well now.
Eh, I prefer the stock look for the most part. It's all opinion but I a satin black shield with the stock exhaust isn't too bad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts