Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I think this is my first actual thread on this site but while reading Cycle World Magazine I found an ad for Cycle Guys tailbags so I bought one and love it. It's an expanding bag that zips down to just be a padded passanger seat cover when not in use. Here's a link to their site and I'll post some pictures later when I go to work.

FastPack Tail Bag Size 3 - The Cycle Guys Inc.

·
Registered
532 Posts
lol this is kind of funny, as I was just thinking about this bag and posting to see if anyone had it on a CBR250R to see how it looks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol this is kind of funny, as I was just thinking about this bag and posting to see if anyone had it on a CBR250R to see how it looks.
It fits it almost perfect, It hangs off some edges just a little bit but that's just because it's sized for different bikes too. It also raises passanger seat height about two inches.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice -- Figure I might pick one up locally over the weekend -- out of interest though, how do you ever get a leg over with that thing fully extended? lol

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Totally love it! Very functional and not overly huge. Great for everyday use

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I like this.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Can you provide us with the dimensions when opened up fully? I can't seem to find that info. on the website. This looks like it could be perfect for my purposes, but I want to confirm the size. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice -- Figure I might pick one up locally over the weekend -- out of interest though, how do you ever get a leg over with that thing fully extended? lol
I'm decently tall so I can just kinda swing it over so it's not too bad but yeah, being 18 doesn't hurt...

Can you provide us with the dimensions when opened up fully? I can't seem to find that info. on the website. This looks like it could be perfect for my purposes, but I want to confirm the size. Thanks.
It's roughly 9-10 inchs tall and basically the shape of the rear seat, but I can confirm for you in the morning.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That's awesome! I gotta get one of these because then I could leave the backpack at the house unless I just had a whole bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Any body else get one of these? Any updates for those who have had them a while?
I bought one a while back (around the time this thread was started), and here is my rundown:

Pros:
- Always on the bike, GREAT when you don't think you'll be carrying anything but do.
- Almost as low as the bare seat, so when not in use it doesn't get in the way.
- Can be left on the bike and no one notices (so no major risk of theft).
- Doesn't have cables or ties that can scuff paint.

Cons:
- Not very big compared to other tailbags (I saw somewhere it listed around 8L, which makes sense compared to my backpack and Ogio tailbag which hold approx 22-25L).
- Can only be closed/unused or fully expanded. It would have been nice to have some way of locking it down half full.
- If packing things like clothes, it can lean side-to-side, as there is nothing structurally holding the bag upright (if that makes sense).
- When getting off the bike, it doesn't detach as easily as other bags, meaning you need something to transfer the contents in to (I typically use a plastic grocery bag).

Overall, it is a good bag, and I'm glad I got it, but I also have an Ogio Tailbag and an AlpineStars backpack. If I know I am going to be carrying things, I typically use one (or both) of my other solutions, but the fastpack is great if I end up picking up something unexpected, or need to shed a layer (or bring a rain layer). I can also leave it under the Ogio when I use the other tailbag, so it's not like you need to remove it to use something 'bigger' on occasion.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have one and really like it.. If necessary stand on the peg before throwing your leg over the bike.

FYI the pad gets extreamly hot in the sun so be careful if you are going to sit on it...

·
Registered
576 Posts
i have had one for a few months,like it alot for everything that
is usally in my pockets,phone,waterbottle,house keys.
it is alittle pricey but well made and should last a very long time.
also when it;s fully open the main zipper stays closed with
no worries about unzipping.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts