Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cycle world listed the best 10 bikes for 2011. Our Little CBR didnt make it but did recieve an honorable mention. They stated that if there were a best 250cc streetbike, this would be it. Seems this new model is getting a lot of good reviews

·
Registered
208 Posts
Motorcyclist Mag gave it "Best bang for your buck" award. That's why I bought mine. Honda owes them a commission for mine. Ride mine 6 days a week, 70 miles a day. Love it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
WOOHOOO!!!

The Buel 1190RS got best superbike!!
Somebody buy the devil a snow suit because it must surely be freezing in Hell.

Congratulations to Erik Buell on finally getting some recognition from the bike rags. I guess it helps to no longer be under HD's thumb.

Sorry if this post is inappropriate. I love the 250R and will probably keep her until the wheels fall off but I will forever be rooting for Erik to succeed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Its an American magazine; the US market where bigger is better does not appreciate "small" bikes. I'm surprised they even mentioned the 250R.
In the rest of the world a 250 is a mid to large size bike, and the 250R is IMO the best sport-tourer in its class.
If gas was $8 a gallon Americans might change their thinking.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Its an American magazine; the US market where bigger is better does not appreciate "small" bikes. I'm surprised they even mentioned the 250R.
In the rest of the world a 250 is a mid to large size bike, and the 250R is IMO the best sport-tourer in its class.
If gas was $8 a gallon Americans might change their thinking.
This American already agrees with you. :)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Gotta laugh at ppl from the US complaining about fuel prices.. its even cheaper than Oz and alot less that pretty much the rest of the world.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They are complaining because the F-150 full size pickup is the best selling car in America. American's hate small cars, drive gas guzzlers, and then complain when wars break out in the middle east.

Gonna love my 250R!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Gotta laugh at ppl from the US complaining about fuel prices.. its even cheaper than Oz and alot less that pretty much the rest of the world.
When you're the biggest customer, you're usually going to get the best prices. That's normally how economies work.

How much do we have to pay for gas before we're allowed to not like it? Most people, no matter where they live, aren't going to be happy when a necessity of living doubles in price. What it costs half way around the world isn't any more relevant to us than it would be to you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought the cbr250 primarily due to fuel saving and environmental reasons instead of a small car. As a nice goodie I recognized how much fun motorbike riding is. My car (Jeep Cherokee) is now at least during summer over 90% in the garage. Our speed limits (50/80/120 kmh) are so low, that I don't urgently need a 600cc. When other bikers are faster than me it's most of the time because they are better riders or do not respect the speed limits

1 - 11 of 11 Posts