Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It's always good to learn something new, and that's part of the fun here, you share, I share, I learn, others learn, and I say thank you. I just added that at the moment shims became irrelevant, because the guy ordered new rubbers, when he could have compromised on shims, but he had already ordered, so it turned out that this time he chose the better quality solution. I personally like that there is always a cheap and simple solution in my pocket, even if it is not the perfect solution. So thank you again(y)
My point was that you need to confirm that new rubber dampers cured the problem, and if not, you need to add shims if you want to remove the play.

I'm saying don't assume a new set will make it right, check it and shim if necessary.

Shimming isn't just a cheap solution - it's the solution if new parts don't remove the play.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
560 Posts
What you are describing is actually very common on EFI bikes. The ECU has separate "idle mode" setting and transition to "partial-throttle" settings may cause an abrupt jerk.

Most ECUs will turn off injectors when you release throttle at high-RPMs, then re-start them as engine drops near idle-speed. But this causes too sudden of change when you're at high-RPMs. I usually just disable idle-mode by re-programming ECU, or disconnecting idle-switch in TPS. This prevents sudden jerking when you open throttle at low-speeds or let off throttle from high engine-speeds
Only issue with disabling idle-mode is cold-starts. ECU won't engage cold-start mode with fuel-enrichment and high-idle speed using IACV if it doesn't detect that TPS is closed. Not a problem if you live in warm climates.

BTW - I do this on all my EFI track/race bikes. The slight jerk when letting off throttle at high-RPMs can disrupt smooth cornering at limit.
Danno🤴 three days I'm in shock, and now I'm responding.
I've been chasing a problem for a few months(Lately), which is not a problem, but more of a ghost, the problem: COLD START
And Only now you remember to tell us(me), that a cold start problem can arise if some smart person who does not know how to ride decided to touch the ECU on my motorcycle, and turn off the option "idle-mode"(y):ROFLMAO:

You(I) can not know such things if you(I) do not deal with it on a daily basis like you did, in the carburetor I knew everything, and I do not want to study this chapter: How the black box work (ECU)?

And now I need to update my post on Cold Starting as well. Now the issue is not urgent, in the winter I started with extra gas in the throttle, maybe one degree in the throttle, and that was enough for smooth starting even when it was 8°C . And now it's summer so bye bye to that problem (But I will try to fix the problem ... see what happens).

21 - 22 of 22 Posts