Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a pipe on my bike already but I bought one just because it was cheap. I got the titanium GP today and this thing does not fit the bike!. The mid pipe is bent wrong, the band clamp it comes with is to small for the pipe. I did hold it onto the header and start it and holy balls is it loud! really deep and nice sounding but I got a feeling it will be a cop magnet. The only way I can see this pipe fitting with the mid pipe that it came with is if you remove the rear foot pegs, but even if you do you have nowhere to mound the bracket. I'm not suprised by anymeans for the price. Waiting on a reply from them, might just end up being scrap metal.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hey guys, I have a pipe on my bike already but I bought one just because it was cheap. I got the titanium GP today and this thing does not fit the bike!. The mid pipe is bent wrong, the band clamp it comes with is to small for the pipe. I did hold it onto the header and start it and holy balls is it loud! really deep and nice sounding but I got a feeling it will be a cop magnet. The only way I can see this pipe fitting with the mid pipe that it came with is if you remove the rear foot pegs, but even if you do you have nowhere to mound the bracket. I'm not suprised by anymeans for the price. Waiting on a reply from them, might just end up being scrap metal.
There was a substitute for securing with the rear foot peg removed some where on the forum.

·
Registered
175 Posts
welcome to my world!
It took me and another mechanic nearly two hours to 'stuff' mine to the bike.
Without some extra cutting and some extensions, it is nearly impossible to install it to the bike. And, even with it, there are some flaws still can be fixed.
You have to add an extension of around 3 cms and cut and bend the header joint of the adapter a little. Besides, you have to set the header loose - only one screw under front foot pegs is enough - install the slip on and the tighten the header screw again.
You have to use a bigger and tighter clamp too. The stock clamp is not covering/supporting the joint enough, we made one with the mechanic and it is covering nearly 3 cms of the joint.
You need definitely another guy with you to install the slip on to rear foot pegs, it is really like stuffing it.
But, i do not mind emailing them and asking a return as it is only 140 usd and once you install it, you really forget about the adapter man, it looks, sounds and works great.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It actually looks nice but it doesnt fit worth a shi^ and thats my biggest pet peeve. Everything needs to fit nicely. I made a pipe for it a year ago and it fits like a glove. Why cant a mass produced company make them fit? It looks like if you bend the header down it could work but like I said I have 2 other pipes for it and they wouldnt fit then. I'll see what these tards have to say.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I did not bend the header. Just the adapter a little.
But, if you are a perfectionist type of guy, it is not your cup of tea for sure.
yes man, poorly designed adapter really. I m pretty sure they did not even check it on a cbr250.:)
But, i m a positive kind of guy and it works really.
Still, the question is how long will it last before burning itself?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts