Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Hid Kit Hooked up
Took me about an hour and a half to finish up everything.

I had to add an extension to the Power & Ground Wires to reach the battery.

I just took the Option 2 wiring in the attached photo and zip tied it as small as i could get it. instead of cutting it off completely. and tucked the controller & as much of the wiring as i could in the pocket.

i couldnt get the rubber seal that was on the oem light. dont think it will hurt anything so i left it off.

im really happy with the way it came out, and with the significant difference of light output. But if i order another HID Kit for anything i wont be ordering from DDM,
1. it took a month for them to even ship it. and i think that they sent it then b/c the day before i sent them an email, telling them if i didnt have it by the end of the week i would be canceling my order.
2. No installation instructions. Not everyone is a professional and knows off of the top of their head how to install this sort of thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Their web site has extensive instructions (under downloads) with several photos. Also, I had trouble getting the rubber seal back on but finally did. Don't think that you would want that big hole open.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their web site has extensive instructions (under downloads) with several photos. Also, I had trouble getting the rubber seal back on but finally did. Don't think that you would want that big hole open.
I found those but i think the part that was throwing me off was the 2 different sets of connections that went to the ballast.
Anyway i have never purchased anything where they did not have some kind of printed out instructions. Sometimes i might have to go to the website for troubleshooting, but not to get basic instructions.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
It took me awhile to realize that the harness was intended for a two light system.
They sent me everything for a two light (car) system so now I have a spare bulb and balast. for $65! There must be some kind of exchange rate malfunction with some of these products out of China. It is just not possible for anybody to produce these kits for such a low price. That is almost as cheap as buying two halogen bulbs. And these are the expensive HIDs with the extra solenoid on the bulb and a big wiring harness.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have a DDM hi/Lo 35W kit installed,3000K. initially i was also confused on this 2 buld setup,but finally managed to set it out right. However, i have an issue on the spread. the hi beam is not that far, the spread is too scattered.
i had a doubt whether i installed the Tube the other way around,but this is not possible,since i can go in one side only i.e: the Hi contacts would never switch on to the low ones,due to the unique slot in the buld.

Any of you guys who installed the DDM HID,please share ur views on the spread.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
i have a DDM hi/Lo 35W kit installed,3000K. initially i was also confused on this 2 buld setup,but finally managed to set it out right. However, i have an issue on the spread. the hi beam is not that far, the spread is too scattered.
i had a doubt whether i installed the Tube the other way around,but this is not possible,since i can go in one side only i.e: the Hi contacts would never switch on to the low ones,due to the unique slot in the buld.

Any of you guys who installed the DDM HID,please share ur views on the spread.

Thanks in advance.
Did you get the kit with the bulb that moves via solenoid? The non moving HIDs are known for a poor pattern.

·
Registered
706 Posts
If you guys like the output of that, it would be even better with a retrofit.

Sportbike Stage III Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

With that kit you get a Bi Xenon projector a much higher quality and more reliable HID kit and cleaner light out put that does not strain the eyes of oncoming drivers due to the massive amounts of glare. Granted, the headlight on these bikes is pretty decent and doesn't create massive amounts of glare, it does still have some and even some is too much with an HID bulb.

The "Bi Xenon" DDM sells is not a true Bi Xenon, it moves the bulb in and out but that really doesn't change the brightness like the OEM H4 bulb did with dual filaments. This in turn can be very glaring to on coming drivers. With a Bi Xenon projector there is a flap inside that makes a clean cut off for low beams and a much higher beam for high beams. (you can see all of this in the photo's on the link I posted)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts