Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...my bike came in...sort of. Dealer has two on order a black and a red unit. He finally got the black one. The red unit will not be in until August 8th.

I want the red bike although the black looks good. My Superduke is the all black model so I want my next bike with some color. Anyway I got a chance to sit on it. Its quite a bit tighter than I'd hoped it would be. I loved the lower seat height...made it very easy for me to throw a leg over it. But like I mentioned the seat to peg relationship is not looking like an improvement over my KTM. I'm going to ride back Saturday AM on my Superduke which is tight for me anyway so that I can do a back to back comparision.

I took a few mins to look at it. Very well made, I'm impressed by the build quality and it sure does not come across as a small little 250. I want it but I've got to sit on it again.

So I'm somewhat bummed out by my first sitting. In the end if I feel its no improvement over my Superduke I'll pass and if I do go with it and want red I'll have another two weeks or so wait.

David

·
Registered
619 Posts
It's definitely tighter in there than the KTM, so if it is just knee bend, it's not going to be an improvement. Does seem to shift your hips a little, looking at the motorcycle ergonomics page. Has about a two inch lower seat height.

Sounds like you may need a bit of a test ride to tell if it's any better. I'd be happy to swap with you for a week or so, hehehe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I rode down today on my Superduke. They wheeled the CBR outside and I threw a leg over it again. Man...really don't know. It's not any better than my SD and might be a bit more cramped in some ways.

The black is great looking in the sun! Just a hint of sparkle in the paint. This is one well built bike. Very nice welds and fit and finish are top notch. Certainly worth more than the $3995.00 MSRP.

I was alllowed to start the bike...stock pipe has a bit of bark to it and the throttle response is very crisp. I can tell that this will be a very entertaining bike to ride. Could not do a test ride as bike is sold since I passed on the black.

The red bike will be here in two weeks. I'll probably buy it even though it is tighter than I thought it would be. I'll get some sort of cushion for the seat(that will look nerdy) so I can ride the bike.

In the end if I don't buy the red CBR I do have my KTM Superduke and that is a blast to ride.

David

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Red is just beautiful in the light I own one and I love the color. However, I really like the black as well and would love to put a Dale Earnhardt 3 on the side of the black one to really set it off. ;) Either way If you do get the bike, believe me you'll love it. Especially after break-in and first service. I love it more and more everyday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts