Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my local dealer today, june 13th to find out if they have received any updates on CBR250R shipments after receiving this post on Facebook from Honda CBR250R
" Good news! Shipments to U.S. dealers will be resuming this month and your dealer should be receiving their units very soon--please check with your dealer for updates.":eek:
I was told they just received news yesterday that my red/silver CBR and another black one was due to ship to them on the 26th (both are non ABS)
and I should be able to pick it up by July 1st or 2nd. I can't wait!!!
Has anyone else who has been waiting heard confirmation on finally getting shipment on your bikes?:D

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a deposit on mine back in the middle of May and they told me then that they THOUGHT they would get the black one around the end of june and the red/silver near the end of july, and even those dates were tentative and could get pushed back even farther...so I'm delighted that's it's been CONFIRMED they will be getting mine in 2 weeks. I have seen posts on here and other forums where people were told by their dealers that their bikes wouldn't ship till possibly as far away as aug-sept.

·
Registered
928 Posts
When I got mine in May they were supposed to be getting three of the twelve that they ordered. Only two black one ones showed up. The guy with the deposit on the red one must not have been happy.
On a plus note, Hondas automotive division is supposedly back up to 100% production now. Hopefully so is the motorcycle side. Pretty good considering everything theyve been thru.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I had to call all over the area to find mine. I actually found one at a small town dealer about 45 miles away. They had 3 in the floor! I drove over and bought it the next day. :D

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Around here no one has any...my local dealer got one red one in early may right before I came looking for one and they said it didn't sit out on their showroom floor very long at all...
I've called or emailed everyone I could find in a 100 mile radius from here that sells motorcycles and they weren't expecting any till end of june at the earliest and that was only one or 2 bikes then. I guess it depends on your area cuz from what I've heard and seen first hand, you were very lucky to to find one sitting on the floor much less 3 !!

And the wait is kinda harder now than it was when I wasn't sure when i was getting it...I bet I'll have to take it back and drop it off for a couple days at it's 300 mile service just a day or maybe 2 after I get it :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Bummer... hang in there. Something will come up. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine will be coming in between the 20th-23rd of this month. It was suppose to be here last week but the dealer says there were some delays. Im located in the Central Valley of CA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer has been saying June 26th since I put my deposit down in April. I don't know if I believe him or not. I did find out that a Level 5 dealer about 4 hours away has 4 of these bikes in stock, they're selling them for $200 under retail, and they don't charge DOC fees, setup fees or freight. For right now I'm giving my local guy a chance to get the bike and have it ready for me to pick up NOT LATER THAN July 2nd. If he can't do that, I'm cancelling and going to the Level 5 dealer, even if they don't have any more of the bikes currently on the floor. I'd rather wait it out with a dealer with some Mojo than continue dealing with the the locals, which is the decision I should have made in the first place.

BTW, the June 26 date is his "shipping date", not his delivery date or the date that he should have the bike. The 26th is a Sunday. My dealer is closed on Mondays. So basically he has 5 days to get the bike, get it ready, and let me pick it up. Might sound rough, but the only reason I haven't jumped ship so far is "to support my local small guy" dealer. After July 2nd, he can kiss my @$$.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your dealer is saying the exact same thing as mine..ship dates and all..they told me mine should be available for pickup from them on the 1st or 2nd..the 26th sunday ship date also sounded odd to me cuz who ships on sundays??
I forgot to ask them where it's shipping from, I am assuming the coast of california from a shipping dock...but they said they generally only need 1 day for setup once it arrived...so ill be really pi$$#@ if I'm not riding my CBR by 5pm saturday july2nd...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine was due first of the week but was pushed back twice. Read all the chatter on here about end of the month deliveries. Conceded that I would have to wait. Then at 9am I get a call it'll be here today(Friday) right after lunch. GREAT!!! Then 2 calls later and it's still not here. So I head to work at 4pm(I work nights) and they call and it's ready for pick up! Too late. Work all night, leave for Houston in the am and won't be back till Sunday. Dealers not open on Monday, so now I have to wait till Tuesday!!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER!!! Oh, I didn't get any sleep because I was too stoked. Might have to call in sick Tuesday :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
yea same here, the dealer i put a deposit down at said the same exact ship date of the 26th of june. weird that it ships on a sunday. Oh well i hope i have it by July 1st.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess most of us are all in the same boat, same with me they said it should arrive around this week or next week.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Got mine Tuesday. WOW!!! Rode it to work and back home. Have not had a chance to look it over very much, but I love it. Ready for the weekend!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got mine Tuesday. WOW!!! Rode it to work and back home. Have not had a chance to look it over very much, but I love it. Ready for the weekend!
Thats awsome, congrats, i am so jealous ....arrggg..this wait is killing me, I just have a gut feeling I will call my dealer on the 1st to ask why they haven't called me and I will be told it didn't ship on the 26th like it was supposed to

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called two Chicago dealers today and neither had a clue. One said they'd have to "check into it" and would call me back. :(

wtf, how hard is it to have information on shipments? I really love their products and engines, but this communication issue has really soured my opinion of Honda Motorcycle, USA division!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer called this afternoon and said that my bike is in. I was pretty shocked. They put it together and ran it up the road, I'll be picking it up Saturday weather permitting.

Looks like the next wave is starting to show up, I hope everyone else that's still waiting gets theirs very soon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts