Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Deliveries to U.S. Dealers are resuming in June

8K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Antbanks 
My dealer has been saying June 26th since I put my deposit down in April. I don't know if I believe him or not. I did find out that a Level 5 dealer about 4 hours away has 4 of these bikes in stock, they're selling them for $200 under retail, and they don't charge DOC fees, setup fees or freight. For right now I'm giving my local guy a chance to get the bike and have it ready for me to pick up NOT LATER THAN July 2nd. If he can't do that, I'm cancelling and going to the Level 5 dealer, even if they don't have any more of the bikes currently on the floor. I'd rather wait it out with a dealer with some Mojo than continue dealing with the the locals, which is the decision I should have made in the first place.

BTW, the June 26 date is his "shipping date", not his delivery date or the date that he should have the bike. The 26th is a Sunday. My dealer is closed on Mondays. So basically he has 5 days to get the bike, get it ready, and let me pick it up. Might sound rough, but the only reason I haven't jumped ship so far is "to support my local small guy" dealer. After July 2nd, he can kiss my @$$.

My dealer called this afternoon and said that my bike is in. I was pretty shocked. They put it together and ran it up the road, I'll be picking it up Saturday weather permitting.

Looks like the next wave is starting to show up, I hope everyone else that's still waiting gets theirs very soon.

Got it this morning before the thunderstorms kick in, the bike is surprisingly nimble and quick. Vibration at the handlebars is a little nastier than expected, I'll be buying new gloves for a while until I find some that help dampen that out. Also some oil, filter and a keychain disconnect for the bike key. The dealer didn't have filters, so I'll just get the whole lot online. I had thought that this was probably part of the "second wave" of CBR's that my dealer got, but everyone at the shop claims that mine is the FIRST one that they've gotten to sell, and they're ticked off about it. They want more, they know they can sell them like cotton candy at a carnival, and during the few days mine sat on the floor with a "SOLD" sign on it customers have been asking about it. I guess it pays to be a Level 5 dealer (mine isn't) so that Honda will take care of you, as long as you want to sell bikes, generators, lawn mowers and everything else Honda Powersports makes. That's the only way Honda will take care of dealers and see that they get the product to sell, in a timely manner and in enough numbers. I kept my deposit with the local guy because he's nearby, and he'll be happier servicing it than if I'd bought at one of the Big Boy places and THEN cried to him about a problem.

My price out the door was $4,771 and it breaks down like this:

$3,999 sticker price
$15.00 Title/inspection sticker (this required sticker doesn't have to be placed on the bike, you just have to have it with you.)
$129.50 Documentation fee
$50.00 MS Trauma Fee (used to fund the Mississippi Trauma Care System, as far as I know it's only charged on motorcycle sales....ok)
$4.63 Dealer Prep (..... oil I'm guessing)
$307.87 Sales Tax

They threw in a can of chain lube, some Honda Wash and a ball cap, with instructions to wear the cap backwards in the front pew at church on Sundays. So they can advertise to everyone behind me. Yeah, I thought that wasn't funny either so I'll wear it mowing the lawn.

They loved the wad of cash I paid with, I just wish they still made bills with a denomination higher than $100 so it would be easier. I paid cash instead of a check or credit card just because I get a kick out of it, and because hardly anyone does that anymore. Yeah, I'm old, I figured that out when AARP started sending me crap in the mail.

I'm pleased with the bike, and I'm REALLY looking forward to getting it broken in so I can see how it smooths out. Almost as much as I'm looking forward to passing gas stations and sticking out my middle finger, seeing as how this bike will be getting 3 times the gas mileage as any other vehicle I own. BITE ME, Shell/Exxon/Texaco/etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.