Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my bike delivered today. 30 minutes later it started pouring rain and hasn't stopped since. :mad:

At least it's here! I can't wait until I can ride it! :cool:

I'll have some pictures in a few days but we all know what it looks like. lol

·
Registered
636 Posts
glad to hear it worm..i had crappy weather for a good week or two after getting mine too..at least you can go out and sit on it, mess with the signals, lights,ect. hope the rain clears up soon..

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks man... I'll just keep watching my video over and over again until it stops raining. :D

(and yes that's my other baby leading the way)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man

I start the safety course tomorrow night so I hope the weather gets better for the weekend.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Rain

Worst winter/ spring ever. It snowed steadily every day from Thanksgiving on until it started raining. I did have four nice days to ride last weekend and then Monday and Tuesday. I am going to go out in the rain on purpose to play tomorrow so I can check out my riding gear and test the limits of the wet handling under controlled circumstances so I will be ready and experienced in case I really get caught far from home.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Worst winter/ spring ever. It snowed steadily every day from Thanksgiving on until it started raining. I did have four nice days to ride last weekend and then Monday and Tuesday. I am going to go out in the rain on purpose to play tomorrow so I can check out my riding gear and test the limits of the wet handling under controlled circumstances so I will be ready and experienced in case I really get caught far from home.
Good idea... better to be prepared for it. Eventually, you're bound to get caught in the rain.

I just got back from the first night of the safety course and it went really well. No riding tonight but the classroom stuff was really easy after all the reading and prep work I did.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on getting it finally dude, hope you have heaps of fun - I'm sure you will! Hope you have some sunny skies soon too :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dude,
I know how ya feel. This is my first bike after taking the course. The transition is perfect. I have a gas guzzling Jeep and have saved enough monthly to pay for the insurance of my bike. It is a commuting dream machine.

I plan on getting a side-saddle bag to carry a change a clothes for a weekend trip. When this happens, the Jeep will have to be waxed, because rust will be it's future.

Enjoy the class, meet your new riding buddies, and ride safe.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far so good... I got a 96 on the written test today but I had some trouble on the range with the cones. The riding test is tomorrow. I hope I do ok on it. I'm a little nervous.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Pass

So far so good... I got a 96 on the written test today but I had some trouble on the range with the cones. The riding test is tomorrow. I hope I do ok on it. I'm a little nervous.
Wait till you pass. You are going to feel AWESOME! It may be a bit dweeby to the old timers, but I was very proud when I passed my riding test. Just going for the test with no riding course requires bringing a licensed motorcyle operator with you to drive the inspector behind you in a car. So now I had two people's time off from work at stake if I blew it. This made the experience even more sacred to me. His ability to be there for me was like handing down a right of passage that I must honor for the next person who needs me.
One practical tip I found out about from talking to other riders after taking my test;
Slip the clutch and blip the throttle while doing your circles. It will help to eliminate the bike from chugging and jerking from going so slow.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Dude,
I know how ya feel. This is my first bike after taking the course. The transition is perfect. I have a gas guzzling Jeep and have saved enough monthly to pay for the insurance of my bike. It is a commuting dream machine.

I plan on getting a side-saddle bag to carry a change a clothes for a weekend trip. When this happens, the Jeep will have to be waxed, because rust will be it's future.

Enjoy the class, meet your new riding buddies, and ride safe.
I have bad news for you..Jeeps are notorious for rusting out very badly whether you wax them or not..lmao....My jeep is a gas guzzler also so I hope my dealer gets my bike in by the end of next week (its also a long holiday weekend) I will be turning hulk like green with rage if they dont

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wait till you pass. You are going to feel AWESOME! It may be a bit dweeby to the old timers, but I was very proud when I passed my riding test. Just going for the test with no riding course requires bringing a licensed motorcyle operator with you to drive the inspector behind you in a car. So now I had two people's time off from work at stake if I blew it. This made the experience even more sacred to me. His ability to be there for me was like handing down a right of passage that I must honor for the next person who needs me.
One practical tip I found out about from talking to other riders after taking my test;
Slip the clutch and blip the throttle while doing your circles. It will help to eliminate the bike from chugging and jerking from going so slow.
Well, I passed! And you're right! I couldn't be more proud. I've never ridden before in my life. I'm 45 years old so learning new things isn't always easy but I did really well on the riding test too.

Great tip about the clutch... I didn't see your post before the test but one of the instructors told me the same thing and it worked like a charm. I nailed the double u-turn inside the box. :D

The instructors where really good. They kept us laughing and having a good time even though it was 90+ degrees. It was a lot of fun. I plan on going back for the advanced course this fall.

Tomorrow I go take the DMV written test and get my endorsement. :cool:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have bad news for you..Jeeps are notorious for rusting out very badly whether you wax them or not..lmao....My jeep is a gas guzzler also so I hope my dealer gets my bike in by the end of next week (its also a long holiday weekend) I will be turning hulk like green with rage if they dont
It all depends on where you drive your jeep. Here in swamp land, rust isn't an issue with any vehicles. You'll very rarely see rust on any car, truck, jeep or anything else unless it's very old.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts