Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my new LED driving lights saturday afternoon..took the cbr for a spin around the block that night..and they rock..I have the photon blasters already installed on my front fenders so the only place I could think of to intsall them was off the mirror stem towards the bottom near the fairing...worked out pretty good actually.You want your lights up higher instead of low anyway..

.Before, I was scared to ride outside of the city where there wasnt any street lights because the headlight on the fairing only points straight ahead regardless of the steep curve your riding in at 2am...
now I can ride the county roads with confidence ....they come with the spot lenses in so I put the flood lenses in since the sides of the road were my problem..I can see whats ahead just fine..

It got real cold sunday and i havent ridden since so I will try to make n post a video on here this weekend if it warms up enough to ride...on high they will give you sunspots if you look at them directly during the middle of the day...I plan on running them on high during daylight hours....I'd rather drivers be mad Im blinding them at 1pm than them not see me at all :)

Denali D2 LED Lighting 2-Light Kit with Full Wiring Harness and M8 Mount - TT-D2D : TwistedThrottle.com

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heres a few thumbnails...no nighttime pics yet...I work second shift so I'm gone all evening...will eventually make a video at night..1st pic is of piaa 7/8 bar clamps..2nd-top view..then last 3 pics with lights off,low then high power.....

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
Nice. I really like those.
I had Motolights on my Buell mounted low on my fork legs and they worked great. I stopped having those "Oh [email protected]#T" moments from cars turning left in front of me after installing them.

So far the 250R stock gives me enough visibility and the amount of light they put out on the road puts the Buell to absolute shame.

But if I ever decide to add more light to this bike, those Denali d2 led lights look like they're perfect. Good lighting and little power draw. Win/win.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings spdklls.

Those are very nice running lights. Great install on the cbr. I think that on coming vehicles will be very aware of you now.

·
Registered
532 Posts
How hard were these to install? I'm guessing you had to splice into the OEM harness?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How hard were these to install? I'm guessing you had to splice into the OEM harness?
super easy...took me less than 20 minutes

one negative wire to battery...one positive wire to battery....one wire to a switched power source, I tapped the left side turn signal with the included positap connector... then one wire splices into the high beam wire with an included positap.....I tapped it right where the headlight plug is that connects to the bulb...was easy to do with left side fairing off since I needed to remove it to zip tie the wiring harness to the frame anyway. Takes me less than 3 minutes to remove a fairing...theres a youtube video on how to remove it now I saw the other day.

·
Registered
532 Posts
wow I just noticed the price on these -- too bad there wasn't a cheaper option that was almost as good.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow I just noticed the price on these -- too bad there wasn't a cheaper option that was almost as good.
Yeah, I am with you on that...it's no coincidence I waited till income tax refund time to purchase them, I have wanted them for 6 months now.

believe me..I have looked and researched...there are only a few motorcycle LED driving lights on the market..one of those, I forget the name...you have make your own wiring harness and switch and i read they tend burn out really quick

..another, clearwaters, are alot bigger, about the same price, put out less light and only come with a dimmer..that sounds ok

Twisted throttles original Denalis and then the D2's...the denali D2 puts out more lumens than the original..plus the D2 has the auto dimmer..runs at 40% on low beam...high beam, high power...I like that feature...plus they are guaranteed to never burn out...they say they will run continuously @ 24 hours a day for at least 6 years ...even though its $100 more I knew I wouldn't be happy with anything but them.

And love them I do..rode home from work last night at 130am.. I light up the road and the surrounding landscape on the sides of the road better than any car or truck on high beams with auxiliary lighting added...well worth the cost to me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts