Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I already had my bike. Fortunately, the oil thread didn't turn into a gong show and I learned a lot about oil. Also changed the fuel stabilizer I use after reading some interesting facts on that. And I may consider a Corbin seat should my ass demand it. All good.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Not at all. I already knew I wanted it. Mind was set. Gears were in motion.

I joined this site the same day I signed the papers for my bike because I thought it would be nice to get info if needed. Then I discovered that it's a really nice forum with a colorful, diverse group of riders. It's becoming like a family. We fight. We laugh. Then we fight some more. But we got each others' back :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Long story short I bought the MC and then discovered this forum.

I ran right to Honda when I thought I wanted a motorcycle, read their description of the 600rr and got scared because it sounded like too much to handle. I started clicking around and found the cbr250r and it sounded just right and was selling at my price point. A little more internet research showed the Ninja 250 was in the same class, but it sounded like the Honda was better for learning on and had ABS. I bought it a week before my MSF class. I did ride a ninja 250 for my class.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I would say yes. I had been reading this forum before I bought my CBR250R. One thing to keep in mind though, people are ten times more likely to complain than to praise. There were many posts about nit picks such as the performance of the wind screen or engine vibration or acceleration times, ect, that turned out to be totally unfounded during the time that I was shopping that made me hesitate. The content of this forum is much better now than it was last April because it is so much bigger and there are more bikes on the road. Less people guessing about things based only on what they read in a magazine. So for the new buyers shopping now, I hope this forum will encourage them to choose the Honda. It is an amazing deal at the price and there is no other bike made that can transport you and all your stuff on the highway in the pouring rain at 110 kph, 70 mph and still get 80 mpgUS, 34 km/l, 2.9 l/100km.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hell no lol.. nobody would buy it if they read the 'problems and issues' section. most of which you have to read between the lines and find out a bit of info as to how the problem occurs.

But Its a Honda.. its unbreakable with the right maintenance and operation.

I read abs would kill me... still livin :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. And furthermore, it gave me a realistic look into actually owning the bike. Without this forum, I suppose that I would have been quite upset and worried when the rattle came up. But since I was half-way expecting it, it didn't bother me.
As I stated in the New Member Introduction section, this forum helped push me to this bike. I was set on looking into the cbr and like all things, I research for weeks before I decide on a purchase like this.
My only hesitation was that I don't usually like to buy vehicles when they are in their first year of production or even the first year of the "refresh" as there may be things that come up that aren't quite right that the manufacturer fixes later on in the life-cycle of the vehicle.
But based on my experiences with Honda, I thought that this could be an exception and searched out forums to see what people are saying. Compared to most forums I've seen, there seems to be little widespread issue with this bike, and the widespread issues aren't major.
And then of course the wife said yes to the purchase (she didn't on the last bike I bought, won't make that mistake again), and so off we went to buy it.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
No, owned bike several months when I joined this forum. Stumbled upon it and thought it wld be a good idea to join. Never followed a forum before; not even on facebook:D I'm having fun and I agree with Metalstorm...we're like a family.

I shd add that although I bought and paid in full, I did not get delivery of my bike until end of April. I, like many others at that time, was anxiously awaiting for our bikes to land in our country. We all celebrated for each other as one by one we brought our bikes home.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
It sort of helped me..I already knew I wanted it.... had all the cbr250R web pages and pics bookmarked before I joined this forum early may after running across it after googling....wasn't too many people in here actually had their bikes at that time...being in this forum with other riders,owners,soon to be owners of the same bike I dreamt about at night got me over that hump of indecision and I went and put down a deposit..still didnt get the bike till the very end of july

·
Registered
172 Posts
Bought mine with 684 miles. Found the for sale posting on this forum. I had done some research and wanted a CBR but saved a good amount of money over new because of this forum.

No rattles, no regrets. It took a while for my old back to get used to the riding position. Not sure right now if I will keep it or not. I like my Vulcan 500, but the CBR needs much less maintenance due to the FI. Just adjusted the valves on the Vulcan. Might keep them both.

regards
Badger

·
Registered
41 Posts
being new to riding and having honda cars before I bought the CBR before researching forums. I'm sort of glad that I didn't join the forum before buying it because when your looking to purchase anything can sway you and the negative posts could've done just that. Proud to have a CBR250.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes. And furthermore, it gave me a realistic look into actually owning the bike. Without this forum, I suppose that I would have been quite upset and worried when the rattle came up. But since I was half-way expecting it, it didn't bother me.
As I stated in the New Member Introduction section, this forum helped push me to this bike. I was set on looking into the cbr and like all things, I research for weeks before I decide on a purchase like this.
My only hesitation was that I don't usually like to buy vehicles when they are in their first year of production or even the first year of the "refresh" as there may be things that come up that aren't quite right that the manufacturer fixes later on in the life-cycle of the vehicle.
But based on my experiences with Honda, I thought that this could be an exception and searched out forums to see what people are saying. Compared to most forums I've seen, there seems to be little widespread issue with this bike, and the widespread issues aren't major.
And then of course the wife said yes to the purchase (she didn't on the last bike I bought, won't make that mistake again), and so off we went to buy it.

Yeah your introduction was the reason I started this thread. I joined the forum before I got my bike. But as this is the first forum I've ever been on I never really posted anything(I've never even used facebook) I took the problems section with a grain of salt and I'm glad I did. It's a great little bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts