Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Searching through the forums,i recalled that some of the guys have installed a Koso Voltmeter.

I have installed a couple of accessories like Stebel Air Horn,HID's.LED Turn Indicators etc. All this can lead to the Battery drain out quite rapidly. The other reason is i have a pretty low mileage everyday on the Bike,say hardly 30 miles.

Will installing a voltmeter avert me of potential Battrey drain out problems?

Where can i get a decent voltmeter which is quite visible in daylight also.

Searched the KOSO website but was unable to find the slim readout voltmeter,instead they have launched a LED light based voltmeter.

Any ideas on the availability of the voltmeter shown on the left side as seen in the below YouTube video.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Your HID's and your LED indicators (depending if you used load resistors or not) will reduce the power requirements.

Eg stock low beam is 55w, generally people install 35w HID kit

LED indicators with NO load resistors will be a major drop from 25w down to about 1w or 2w.
I used load resistors on mine to stop the indicators flashing super fast. you can get a new flasher relay, I looked but the honda one isnt the same as a normal one.

A volt meter is a volt meter, just buy a cheap one from ebay.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've had a charging system die on me (luckily I discovered it before taking off on a long trip which would have ended up a failure). A voltmeter will tell you if you're getting enough line voltage to charge the battery. Having a number of bikes I decided that I would get just one voltmeter and wear it on my arm when I want it. I plug it into each bikes trickle charge connector. It has colored LEDs, with RED conveniently being the color that shows when you're in trouble. I'm more concerned about being stranded on longer journeys so I usually don't use the meter around town or for commuting..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts