576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got tired of looking for a stand that needed
parts added to work or just seemed to much for what
they were.

just a piece of scrap metal welded to the top of an old
sissor jack.the metal piece fits inbetween the suspention linkage
works well enough to sit on if you wanted to,even better if you
fastened a 2by6 on the bottom of the jack base.
but i mainly wanted something to stand straight up to
save space and to lube the chain/clean the rim.

total cost $0,well maybe a cent or two for cranking up my welder.
to know i made it for free-priceless:)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks.
would probably work without welding if you had a
good drill and something to clamp a L bracket to,drill one in bracket
and one hole in the top of the jack and just bolt it up tight.
worked out good for me because my last bead i ran out of wire.
went to replace with another spool on the lincoln,all i had was .035 tips and just .03o wire.it saved me from a stop in my next
usage,i'll pick some wire/different tips up:)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
very happy with it.
looks clean and is neater in the garage not leaning over on the kickstand.
looking at the regular stands-they are quite a bit wider than this
jack base.

funny how something so simple can work so good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying, without success, to find the link to your home-made centrestand, with the photograph. Could you send it to me if it is still online?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can you post a pic with a better close up. I know you said the metal piece fits inbetween the suspension linkage. I can't see where you are placing it on the bike without damaging fairings and other parts? I need a better visual. Thx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maintenance Stand

Another option for any maintenance and storage is a standard M/C stand with a slight mod. The attached pics (I hope) will show the thing in use and some close-ups of the mod. I use the bungie to hold the mod piece under the bike, going from the shifter to the brake. Then I roll the stand under the bike and lift. The outrigger bar (black) is attached to the stand and I use straps to hold the bike securely. The mod lifts the bike by the suspension tube (channel), the crankcase tab in front of the drain plug and the right side of the crankcase. I have been using it for a year now and still works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maintenance Stand

Another option for any maintenance and storage is a standard M/C stand with a slight mod. The attached pics (I hope) will show the thing in use and some close-ups of the mod. I use the bungie to hold the mod piece under the bike, going from the shifter to the brake. Then I roll the stand under the bike and lift. The outrigger bar (black) is attached to the stand and I use straps to hold the bike securely. The mod lifts the bike by the suspension tube (channel), the crankcase tab in front of the drain plug and the right side of the crankcase. I have been using it for a year now and still works great.

Not sure this went, if so sorry for sending it twice.

Rusty

·
Registered
226 Posts
Like the idea for cleaning and raising but concerned if it is a little heavy to the front?

Sent from my crackPhone using MO cræsh Free

·
1,305 Posts
Like the idea for cleaning and raising but concerned if it is a little heavy to the front?

Sent from my crackPhone using MO cræsh Free

the front wheel is on the floor hood, this is Just to lift the rear wheel

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that big stand is awsome if i had room for it.
mine has a very small footprint and stable enough
to sit on.
also only takes a couple seconds to engage and lift.

yours sure is pretty though.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lee - Can you blow up your picture please?

if you feel where the jack is touching the frame-
there is a little slot just big enough fo a piece of metal
something like 1/2'' by 2'' to slip into.
it's not a super tight fit but snug.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts