Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I forgot a screw??
No dude, I forgot a screw. After combing through your guide all those you listed are back in thier OG locations. I must have got happy with the screwdriver and removed it at some point.

Oh well, everything is tight and locked down so I'm not too worried.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ooo gotchya. Well when I did this and put the fairing back on I somehow shorted out the left turn signal. So I ended up taking everything apart too haha.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My boyfriends brother lives out there. We got to stay at the Cosmo when it first opened. It's amazing. Way better than Florida. Is there still snow on the mountain?

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's the secret to getting the gauge cluster back in without breaking anything? It's pretty akward in the first place. Need some help!

·
Registered
96 Posts
What's the secret to getting the gauge cluster back in without breaking anything? It's pretty akward in the first place. Need some help!
Put the gauge cluster back in (loosely) prior to putting the nose back on. It's way too tight to squeeze it back in after the nose is on.

Does that help?

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do you get to the two fairing screws on each side if you put the gauge cluster in before placing the nose on? You cant get to those screws after the cluster is in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not sure if you're stuck where I was but I couldn't get the cluster in after the nose was on because it was so tight. I just positioned it loosely (so I could access all need screws)and then fit the nose back in followed by locking everything down.

We might be talking about two different things. If so, I'll defer to others who might be able to assist.

Good luck Zinger084!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alright. Just getting back after a few days. I pulled the nose off slightly and placed the cluster in. Next, I put nose one and held cluster up and finished puttin side screws into hold nose on. Needed a long screwdriver which I made with a few extensions.

Very good tutorial. Just a few things to tweak as I went like putting cluster back in.

My light smoke PUIG looks really nice on the red guy. Glad I didn't have some hack at a shop do it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well glad it worked out for ya. It's a lot of pushing and shoving involved to get everything to line up perfect. It took me 2 hours but if i had to do it again I could probably do it in 45. Anything else you'd like to see in a DIY thread?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Alright. Just getting back after a few days. I pulled the nose off slightly and placed the cluster in. Next, I put nose one and held cluster up and finished puttin side screws into hold nose on. Needed a long screwdriver which I made with a few extensions.

Very good tutorial. Just a few things to tweak as I went like putting cluster back in.

My light smoke PUIG looks really nice on the red guy. Glad I didn't have some hack at a shop do it.
riding impressions and pictures pleas.!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
"Thanksfor this great post, appreciate the effort. How about a "DIY 12v socket installation"?"

- just bought the stuff to start working on a cell phone docking station. Thread coming soon :]

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great job on the tutorial, could have used it when I changed my screen. Yes, it was a pain in the ass but its like a badge of honor.

"Wow, nice bike, that doesnt sound stock. Whats the craziest mod you've done?"

".....windshield"

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
"Great job on the tutorial, could have used it when I changed my screen. Yes, it was a pain in the ass but its like a badge of honor." :p YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN:eek: great post better than the service manual :cool:

21 - 40 of 79 Posts