Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made a DIY touring windscreen. Similar to the Honda Touring screen but more aero with more curve and flip at the top. It bolts on under the mirrors.
I'm very happy with the performance in the rain. It's tall enough and has the perfect foward top edge placement of about 5 inches in front of my face shield so I get the magic blow dryer effect when I crouch down in a tripod position with my elbows on my knees so I m looking just over the top. Any water that does hit my face shield makes little beads that blow straight down and off leaving perfect vision. I can ride all the way to work for an hour in the rain on the highway without ever having to wipe my visor once.
It's a simple 2-D design cut out of Lexan with a smal reciprocating saw that bends into shape when mounted.
Too bad I didn't come up with this 5 years ago. I think there would have been quite a few touring riders and commuters here that would have wanted one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Made a DIY touring windscreen. Similar to the Honda Touring screen but more aero with more curve and flip at the top. It bolts on under the mirrors.
I'm very happy with the performance in the rain. It's tall enough and has the perfect foward top edge placement of about 5 inches in front of my face shield so I get the magic blow dryer effect when I crouch down in a tripod position with my elbows on my knees so I m looking just over the top. Any water that does hit my face shield makes little beads that blow straight down and off leaving perfect vision. I can ride all the way to work for an hour in the rain on the highway without ever having to wipe my visor once.
It's a simple 2-D design cut out of Lexan with a smal reciprocating saw that bends into shape when mounted.
Too bad I didn't come up with this 5 years ago. I think there would have been quite a few touring riders and commuters here that would have wanted one.

Any idea what you would charge somebody to make one if these? I dont have access to those tools, so itd be cheaper on my part to just buy one from you probably lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice job. I have a Tyga on mine and it helps a lot. Did you build the tailbox and how do you like it? Have never seen one on MC before. Recumbent bicycle riders install a variety of tailboxes on their bikes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts