Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Nice one.

Heard someone on another forum saying how good it was.

2,400thb I think through a Thai shop?

Any more reports on how it changes the feel of the bike?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice one.

Heard someone on another forum saying how good it was.

2,400thb I think through a Thai shop?

Any more reports on how it changes the feel of the bike?
I found it accidentaly in bangkok bike show.
got it installed 2 weeks ago. changes the bike a lot.
Better acceleration in all rpm ranges.
Better mid and top end, rolling the bike through the redline is a pleasure now.
Not a super change on lows though.
For 2400 thb _ 80 usd, good mod man. Just buy it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm just a bit worried about getting this air filter due to the fact that people are saying the cbr250 runs lean as standard.

Did you reset the ECU?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'm just a bit worried about getting this air filter due to the fact that people are saying the cbr250 runs lean as standard.

Did you reset the ECU?
From recent discussions (http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-performance/1929-modded-update.html), it looks like the CBR has a closed-loop FI system, which would mean it would automatically adjust for an increase in air flow - most of the time. It sounds like start-up and WOT may be the exceptions.

Know that the reusable performance air filters will flow more air at the expense of filtering ability. You may gain some performance, but you are sacrificing filtering over an OEM-style paper filter.

Jay

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Email from sgmotorshop in Bangkok.

Dear Redline

The price for DNA air-filter is 2600 baht. Two Bro is 22500 baht. For CBR 250.

Thank you
Arthit

·
Registered
175 Posts
just ask him a discount redline.
By the way, a performance filter of course filter the air less and gets the life of the engine lower but it is minimal and i ll not keep my bike for my grandson at the end!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
just ask him a discount redline.
By the way, a performance filter of course filter the air less and gets the life of the engine lower but it is minimal and i ll not keep my bike for my grandson at the end!
They don't tell you that in their advertising. I've seen tests that show it's not minimal.

Jay

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hey jay.
First of all, i am not a marketing guy from "dna".
but, actually "dna" advertises +99% filtering efficiency.
Just check the photos man.
Advertising.

In the last post you said " ...performance filter of course filter the air less..." and I said "...they don't tell you that..." and now you say it does.

Which is it? You can't have both.

Jay

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The tradeoff is always filtration.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you can have a filter to let a faster rate of air thro and filter the same but will cost more to make so you make filters to what you can sell at.honda will use filters to cost bcs to keep cost down on bike and you have to buy replacement ones.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Advertising.

In the last post you said " ...performance filter of course filter the air less..." and I said "...they don't tell you that..." and now you say it does.
LoTo
Which is it? You can't have both.

Jay
Well jay.
I also know - mostly from forums, never seen an official report about it or any sand or dust in the engine before -as performance air filters filter less but they advertise this way , +99%, which is contrary to the belief and what you said.
So, to know the real truth, is there anything solid -not like something you heard in a forum - you can share with us to support your idea?
This way, we can find the truth.
dont get me wrong, it is not like for who is wrong who is right, just to know the facts about performance filters.
Maybe dna is lying who knows.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I tend to not trust advertising claims the most. When it says "99% filtering efficiency" - what does that mean? At what micron size is it filtering 99%?

Numerous studies that I've seen, and cross-referenced, have all said the same thing - you will sacrifice filtering ability for increased flow with that type of filter.

Search around, the real info is out there, just not on the manufacturer's sites.

Jay

1 - 20 of 33 Posts