Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice, I'm the first person on the cbr250 forum! Anyway, I've been riding for awhile but I'm looking for something smaller to commute on and I want to keep it in the Honda family (currently have a CBR1000, hence the name Fireblade). Not really surprised there's nobody here since the bike isn't even out yet, but at least I can claim I popped this forum's cherry. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow. Can't say I hear to many people wanting to go to a 250 from a liter. I know the 250 is going to be an amazing bike but you might fall asleep on it. I'm sure more people are going to join the forums. There's more than enough people interested in the cbr250 anyway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow. Can't say I hear to many people wanting to go to a 250 from a liter. I know the 250 is going to be an amazing bike but you might fall asleep on it. I'm sure more people are going to join the forums. There's more than enough people interested in the cbr250 anyway.

I could see wanting to go to a 250 from a liter. It's impossible to use what the liter has, just like it's practically like that on my 600. Sometimes you just want to chill, and not be looking over your back because of that last wheelie you pulled, or 0-60 stunt you just did, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice, I'm the first person on the cbr250 forum! Anyway, I've been riding for awhile but I'm looking for something smaller to commute on and I want to keep it in the Honda family (currently have a CBR1000, hence the name Fireblade). Not really surprised there's nobody here since the bike isn't even out yet, but at least I can claim I popped this forum's cherry. :)

Good job. My question is where are all the other people on this forum a month later?

Isn't the CBR250R supposed to be the hottest most significant bike of 2011?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah same currently i own a ninja250 but i do want to switch it up a bit as well........

id say the yeah it would be one of the hottest bikes for 2011 as it can compete with the ninja 250! so now people have another great choice to chose over the kawasaki ninja 250r

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Still cool to see the first post though ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
A few Observations...

Hmm... the very first guy to join up on the forum has a total of 22 posts under his belt, nearly two and a half years later since the site was started... quite an achievement wouldn't you say? To be fair, maybe he just quickly lost interest in the forum when there were likely very few members back then to share ideas with about this bike, particularly in the english speaking world. I recall checking out this site in the early summer of 2011 (long before I joined up here in mid April 2012 when I bought my CBR250R), and had noticed at that time there were very few members who were not from India. Not sure if the Thai built bikes were even out in the rest of the world yet, or at least not to any large degree, so it seemed.. I also remember that a good majority of the threads were mostly about problems and issues that those Indian built bikes were experiencing. It certainly didn't seem like there were many people proclaiming how wonderful this new Honda 250 street bike was at that early stage of the game.

It's kind of interesting to see that when you dig back into some of these old threads, how quite a few of those early members who joined in the first few months of the existence of this CBR250R.net website didn't stick around long enough to contribute their way out of Junior Member status, or even reaching Member status, let alone logging 100 posts to become Senior Members. Makes me wonder how many of them may have turned around and sold their 250's within that first six months to a year of owning them?... I'm guessing likely quite a few.

Things have really changed in two and a half short years... some members who joined as recently as just six months ago have several hundred posts, or more to their name, and are very active contributors here... I like that. :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Not that anyone cares but I joined May 2011 and am still here. Bought my bike Jan 2011. Frankly I miss some of the old gang. As any new forum there will be growing pains in infancy. This is a good forum. In spite of owning new bikes some stick around.

Reactions: MotoMike

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Not that anyone cares but I joined May 2011 and am still here. Bought my bike Jan 2011. Frankly I miss some of the old gang. As any new forum there will be growing pains in infancy. This is a good forum. In spite of owning new bikes some stick around.
Hasn't gone unnoticed with me that you are one of the very few of the early vanguard who have chosen to stick around... without you, these forums wouldn't be the same. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^appreciate your kindness. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Haha it's kinda cool to see the 'new generation' of the cbr250r owners pop up. You two were 1st gen(2011) where you help set grounds then came 2nd gen(2012) like me tried to bring more experiments. Now the 3rd gen(2013) owners are coming in just helping the growing infrastructure haha

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts