Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just told by one of my relatives who completed a automotive engineering course (not a mechanic) that I would need this for changing the battery on my bike. Still a bit skeptical on whether or not I should take it to the shop or do it myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man it's my first bike and I'm really excited to work on it and ride it!

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
318 Posts
I was just told by one of my relatives who completed a automotive engineering course (not a mechanic) that I would need this for changing the battery on my bike. Still a bit skeptical on whether or not I should take it to the shop or do it myself.
For Ref (MC41)
There are three types of memories in CBR250R(2011):
The memory of the time, not saved, after replacing the battery you need to reset the clock.
And two memories that are preserved even when the battery is disconnected:
The memory of computer malfunctions (DTC)
And the memory of the Km/Mil(Odometer)

Thanks man it's my first bike and I'm really excited to work on it and ride it!
Replacing the battery is considered an easy job, and still, I recommend you to get the owner's manual. It will really help you, prevent mistakes and damages.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hi Gabz and welcome to the forum.
You've already got some answers here but to avoid confusion I would like to let you know that this site is dedicated to the 2011+ MC41 version of the CBR 250.
Most users here won't be familiar with your bike.
But changing the battery shouldn't require any extra tools. Never heard of a bike or even a car that really needed that (but I'm no mechanic).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Check out CBR250 Forums for older CBR250R/RR models MC14/MC19/MC22
There's no memory of any kind on MC19.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A bit outdated, but there is nothing in the MC19 that would reset when you unplug the battery. No EFI to relearn, no ABS, no clock, heck even the trip meter is mechanical.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A bit outdated, but there is nothing in the MC19 that would reset when you unplug the battery. No EFI to relearn, no ABS, no clock, heck even the trip meter is mechanical.
Hey man thanks for the reply, I've already sorted everything out and got her running nice just need 1 starter motor and a few other things but other then that runs well and very fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey man thanks for the reply, I've already sorted everything out and got her running nice just need 1 starter motor and a few other things but other then that runs well and very fun.
Didn't expect you to respond! Yeah the MC19 is a ton of fun, enjoy it! I've owned mine for almost 6 years now and do all my own work, so if you've got other maintenance questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didn't expect you to respond! Yeah the MC19 is a ton of fun, enjoy it! I've owned mine for almost 6 years now and do all my own work, so if you've got other maintenance questions feel free to ask.
Yeah I was just skimming through my emails at that time didn't want to leave you hanging. But yeah definitely, I'm still a new rider and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
318 Posts
Didn't expect you to respond!
It is clear that writing a comment in this forum is a voluntary matter, and there is no such obligation, and not everyone is strong in that section of the comments here, some ask and move on. One of the more successful things here in this forum is when someone leave a pictures, or when updating on his solution.
I'm new here (9 months), and I was happy to find out that there are currently like 6 members active in the forum, and during this time I did not see a response or question that did not receive professional attention from the wonderful group that still writes here (USA, Germany, India, Australia ...Israel, but mostly members from United States)
Gabz was receiving here a partial answer, and you Das have completed the full answer. The forum is a forum of the newer and less sporty CBR250R model, and is mainly intended for this model from 2011.
And also a bit of self-criticism: In hindsight I could have produced for Gabz a better answer🤷‍♂️😉

1 - 12 of 12 Posts