Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just told by one of my relatives who completed a automotive engineering course (not a mechanic) that I would need this for changing the battery on my bike. Still a bit skeptical on whether or not I should take it to the shop or do it myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man it's my first bike and I'm really excited to work on it and ride it!

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
138 Posts
I was just told by one of my relatives who completed a automotive engineering course (not a mechanic) that I would need this for changing the battery on my bike. Still a bit skeptical on whether or not I should take it to the shop or do it myself.
For Ref (MC41)
There are three types of memories in CBR250R(2011):
The memory of the time, not saved, after replacing the battery you need to reset the clock.
And two memories that are preserved even when the battery is disconnected:
The memory of computer malfunctions (DTC)
And the memory of the Km/Mil(Odometer)

Thanks man it's my first bike and I'm really excited to work on it and ride it!
Replacing the battery is considered an easy job, and still, I recommend you to get the owner's manual. It will really help you, prevent mistakes and damages.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hi Gabz and welcome to the forum.
You've already got some answers here but to avoid confusion I would like to let you know that this site is dedicated to the 2011+ MC41 version of the CBR 250.
Most users here won't be familiar with your bike.
But changing the battery shouldn't require any extra tools. Never heard of a bike or even a car that really needed that (but I'm no mechanic).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Check out CBR250 Forums for older CBR250R/RR models MC14/MC19/MC22
There's no memory of any kind on MC19.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts