Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, do you commonly ignore your GPS driving directions, or do you stick by it all the way through? People say there GPS systems don't give the best route so they go off route the GPS system recommended, I never had that happen. My GPS always maps out the shortest possible route (it's a iphone!)

From what you seen and with your own experience with people and observing yourself, is the stats true? Do us men tend ignore GPS driving directions?

info from Men more likely to overrule satnavs than women | Reuters

Men are more likely to ignore directions given by their satellite navigation systems than women, a survey has found, confirming the old stereotype that men hate asking for directions.

While 83 percent of male drivers regularly rebel against their sat navs, less than three-quarters of women disobey the devices which UK drivers branded as "untrustworthy" and "inaccurate" in the study by insurance retailer Swinton.

"A sat nav should aid your own navigational abilities rather than replace them," said Steve Chelton, Insurance Development Manager at Swinton, which found drivers were often right to mistrust the global positioning systems.

Over one third of drivers said their navigation system had led them between one and five miles astray, while more than half said directions provided by global positioning systems had triggered an argument with a passenger.

Of 3,000 motorists surveyed, almost two-thirds said they kept a route map in their vehicles "just in case."

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would have to agree, i follow my GPS to a certain point unless i know the route.

But my GPS has miss lead me many times... sometimes now it becomes trust issue..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I do home theater installation so when I don't know where an address is I follow my GPS. It has taken me to totally incorrect areas and other times I will disregard it's route if I know it's wrong (ie there is one highway that the GPS has you take every off-ramp, then on-ramp..why would I do that???? I just stay on the highway till it reroutes correctly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My GPS constantly wants me to leave the express lanes of the Freeway to work. I was new to the area and listened the first time. Very annoying after you learn an area and realize you've wasted time and gas on the GPS route. I agree it's a trust issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have to throw in my opinion here as a woman and say I don't trust GPS systems at all. Both times I have used one I got completely lost. I just mapquest directions before I leave if I don't know the area well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had followed mine on a trip from FL back to PA & it had my get off one expessway to jog over to another, on a skinny, windy, hilly road for 28 miles in wild wonderful WV where I saw some serious places that reminded me of the movie "Deliverance". I was glad it was daylight & I had no car problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts