Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Dont do it at night, people will throw things at you. With the extra marker lights next to the headlight and the turn signal running lights its pretty visible bright lights or dim.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah I second the not at night. Here in ohio people will swerve at you-kinda like moths to a bug zapper...cept you end up being the bug!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Daytime run high beams not high lights. Low beams at night, high beams with no traffic.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Is the light really that blinding for people coming in the other direction? (at night that is)
Yes and they will throw things at you, or like it was said swerve at you either because theyre blinded or just want to kill you. You have to dim upon approaching other traffic just like if youre in a car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The first night I had the bike I took a short trip from my house to my brothers to "show off" my new toy (it was dusk). On the way I passed my in-laws on thier Harley going towards my house. I waved the biker wave and remember thinking "oh great another harley prick whos to good to wave" until I later found out my high light was on and they could'nt make out the rider until I was almost past. In my experience this bike has some of the BEST lights stock I have ever had on a bike. These lights clearly surpass my old viffer/cbrf4/zx6r.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
your high beam is just that..it points up higher...if you stand in front of your bike say 50 yards out..on lowbeam your headlight is visible..but since its mostly pointed at the ground (low) its not overly noticeable..now put it on high and the light now shines at your eye level thus making you stand out much better....I also ride with my denali D2 driving lights on high during the daytime too..at nighttime too..anytime there isnt a car in front of me or coming the other way..my lights stay on high beam

·
1,305 Posts
aye, if the suns up my hi beams are on., never at night though.. this stock headlight is bright as a mo-fo

·
Registered
534 Posts
Don't use highbeams at night.

It is incredibly douchebaggy.
Unless you live in rural PA and don't want to get maimed by a deer! LOL :D:p

I always turn them off though when a vehicle is ahead because I know I myself get extremely P***ED when somebody doesn't dim their highbeams and blinds me. And yes this bike has an AWESOME headlight on it! It definitely makes me feels a little safer riding home at ~11:30 at night through NE PA's farmland and woods.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh and what are "highlights"???? I thought they were something that women and some "men" got in their hair???? LOL

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Unless you live in rural PA and don't want to get maimed by a deer! LOL :D:p

I always turn them off though when a vehicle is ahead because I know I myself get extremely P***ED when somebody doesn't dim their highbeams and blinds me. And yes this bike has an AWESOME headlight on it! It definitely makes me feels a little safer riding home at ~11:30 at night through NE PA's farmland and woods.

Well yes, I assumed this meant urban areas.:)

In more rural areas I try to keep them on as long as a car isn't in my path. The thought of deer at night in rural areas....ehhh..wouldn't want to hit one.

And yes, the highbeams are awesome when no one's around. Lights up the entire road and beyond!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ever sit at a red light in your low to the ground car (85 buick riviera), and some jackass in a Dodge Ram pick up with his high beams on pulls up behind you. The light starts bouncing off all of your mirrors, you can't see a damned thing, its as if aliens are trying to land their space craft on top of you. Yeah.. Thats why you don't put on high beams at night =P

·
Registered
534 Posts
^ They probably honestly have their low's on. I know in my jeep and when I had my nissan titan(also lifted on 35's) when I pull up behind a lower riding car with my lows on it lights up the ENTIRE interior of the car like you said. If it's a drivethru or a long redlight I kick off my headlights and just sit with my parking lights on though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah I suppose that makes sense, but **** your literally blinded to the point where you can't see an inch in front of you. I wish everyone was as considerate as you are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts