Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what the title says, have you gotten any tickets? Its easy to get carried away with this little bike. I havent gotten any on the 250 yet but gotten two on my S1000RR.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Last ticket I got and paid was the week Princess Diana died. Had a summons later but it was dismissed after I told the judge what had happened. Never ticketed on a bike. I think a cop could follow me around all day and not find something to write me up for, but then I will be 61 tomorrow and did all that crazy stuff a long time ago.
Like a 67 383 Formula S Barracuda floored for 6 miles on the local Interstate with the speedometer needle stuck on the peg below the 0 mark, going around the second time.

regards
Badger

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i have gotten lucky so far...i normally ride sensibly and around the posted speed limit...but come on..on some city streets with very light traffic its almost impossible to ride 30mph sometimes...45 seems to be not too fast but not too slow but just right...but its also 15 miles per hour over the speed limit on the majority of streets in my town..guess the leo's that saw me b4 i saw them and braked haven't have their radar on at the time

·
Registered
282 Posts
Been riding now 5 months and haven't been pulled over once yet (touch wood), don't go over the speed limit very often (1 speeding ticket on a restricted license and you lose it)
more worried about being defected for the noise, riding with no db killer installed the noise would have to be in the high 90db range(just guessing), but so far so good.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
In all my years of riding....never. In my Mini Cooper....yuppers:eek:
(I'm stealthy onmy bike...even with the Yosh)

·
Registered
999 Posts
In my youth I rarely got pulled over because I've been lucky (crazy) enough to get away 90% of the time.

Now that I am so much older and wiser I rarely get pulled over because I ride much saner now. some of the sheriffs who recognize me cut me some slack on my daily commute due to the fact that I always slow down to the speed limit in populated areas. So when I'm on the rural road where there are no homes, driveways, people, pets, etc.. and I'm in full 'bat out of hell' mode they often turn a blind eye. Within reason that is. They don't like it a whole lot when I'm doing 70 on the 30mph posted road but they'll let me slide at 55.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The last time I got pulled over and ticketed was in 1997 (2 within 3 months of each other. I was 21 back then. Since then, I have been responsible for the most part, and lucky, to not have any tickets, even on motorcycles. knock on wood.

·
Registered
235 Posts
What's a lot?

Depends on how old you are, how often you drive/ride in a way that is asking for a spanking, how far you were pushing the limits, etc.

So, I've had many tickets, never lost my license, never had one that I didn't deserve, got off light many times, didn't get very, very many that I did deserve, got pulled over one time and got pulled over once but didn't get a big ticket that I deserved cause the cop was "out of tickets".

Considering that I've been driving/riding for 50+ years my read is that I haven't been pulled over a lot.

BTW, I work very hard to drive/ride in a way that makes any ticket I get seem like an entertainment tax to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what for ?
Well, first one i failed to notice a speed limit change, got a 62 on a 45. Second one I was on my way to work at 0300 in the morning, no traffic and running a little late. Got carried away and was doing 92 on a 55. Got off cause I showed up to court right out of work. Didnt have time to go home and change so I was wearing my military uniform and the judge reduced the speed to 64 on a 55. No points and out of my records. Lucky so far. Not planning on getting pulled over anymore but sometime you just click with the bike and its hard not to go fast. On days like that I try to ride out to the track but its always a gamble on my way there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's a lot?

Depends on how old you are, how often you drive/ride in a way that is asking for a spanking, how far you were pushing the limits, etc.

So, I've had many tickets, never lost my license, never had one that I didn't deserve, got off light many times, didn't get very, very many that I did deserve, got pulled over one time and got pulled over once but didn't get a big ticket that I deserved cause the cop was "out of tickets".

Considering that I've been driving/riding for 50+ years my read is that I haven't been pulled over a lot.

BTW, I work very hard to drive/ride in a way that makes any ticket I get seem like an entertainment tax to me.
50+ years riding, I want to ride for that long. That sounds awesome.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I was wearing my military uniform
my bad brother (im not in the military)

i was going to call you a dummy for stoping for a cop on a 1000 but i always stop for the police , unless the cop looks like he wants to kill me or something, and im on a much faster bike :D , but seriously if he stopped me (or you in this case)it kinda make me feel like it could have been something else that stopped me down the street , like someone running a red light :(

i know a lot of my brothers and sisters that wear military uniforms , ride motorcycles , especially "street bikes" !
saving a soldier's life is worth 1000 Xpurts's :D
(hope you take this internet thing lightly)

p.s. those cops & the judges were *uckers ! im sure the road conditions where good plus the s1000rr can handle going much , much , much , faster.
ticket for having fun :mad: must have been a rookie or a mad cop.
cop asked me once "why did you stop ? i wanted to run my car" (me on a 600rr him on a fast cruiser) i told him to hand me back my DL and let me put the key in the ignition (this is all the "head start" i need). he laughed and told me to have a good night :D

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Two stories stand out in my memory. Not bike related though.

First one.....was heading back to the EMS hall after a very long shift. I was driving the ambulance and of course was exceeding the speed limit (driving on the highway) and lo and behold didn't I see the party lights of a cop car. He pulled us over. Slowly walked up to the ambulance, looked in the window and asked if we had a patient in the back, was anyone dieing? I answered "No officer, were just heading home." He replied 'Well, I could give you a ticket but consider this a warning". No ticket!

Second story....I was driving home, again following a long shift at work and was exceeding the speed limit by at least 20k, in the city. Cop flags me down and asks whats the hurry. I answered, "No hurry, can't argue I was speding. Sorry officer" He looks in my back seat, sees my EMS coat and asks if I'm a medic and I replied "yes". He smiles and says he will give me a "professional courtesy" and not give me a ticket but to slow down. Again...no ticket. Bazinga!!!!

Haven't been so lucky since though. Oh well lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my bad brother (im not in the military)

i was going to call you a dummy for stoping for a cop on a 1000 but i always stop for the police , unless the cop looks like he wants to kill me or something, and im on a much faster bike :D , but seriously if he stopped me (or you in this case)it kinda make me feel like it could have been something else that stopped me down the street , like someone running a red light :(

i know a lot of my brothers and sisters that wear military uniforms , ride motorcycles , especially "street bikes" !
saving a soldier's life is worth 1000 Xpurts's :D
(hope you take this internet thing lightly)

p.s. those cops & the judges were *uckers ! im sure the road conditions where good plus the s1000rr can handle going much , much , much , faster.
ticket for having fun :mad: must have been a rookie or a mad cop.
cop asked me once "why did you stop ? i wanted to run my car" (me on a 600rr him on a fast cruiser) i told him to hand me back my DL and let me put the key in the ignition (this is all the "head start" i need). he laughed and told me to have a good night :D
I thought about running but realized that at 0300 in the morning theres not a lot of people out, and even if I can outrun the cruiser, I can not outrun the radio. About 2 miles down the road is a gas station and that morning I counted 8 police vehicles there. Running wouldve been a bad decision at that point. The cop was actually cool since at that speed he could've arrested me and confiscated my bike. He asked why was I in such a hurry, told him a little about the mission I was assigned and he regreted that the ticket was already written. Hinted me to just go to court and not pay the ticket before. So I did, came out good. Paid a fine but nothing compared to what could've been.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Running wouldve been a bad decision
running is always a bad decision.unless the cop is trying to harm YOU.

on this bike i have been pulled over twice for *ucking (dead serious)
1st cop must have been having a really bad day.he got out of his car with a really bad attitude.i know for he was just mad about some thing else :mad:

2nd cop i heard get out of his car at the red light.i was not doing anything wrong so i chilled but when i turned around he was grabbing my sweater, when i asked him what was wrong he said i was speeding.when i replied "on this"(only time i will refer to my baby as ONLY a 250) he looked at the bike , asked me for my motorcycle DL , and told me to have a good night (not a rookie).

i don't understand why some one like you or live_to_ride get tickets ??:confused:

here a cop got pulled over by another cop for speeding .... at gunpoint !!!!
she must have been on her break-in "period":D

this is one of the reason i got this bike.
no matter how fast im going , if i let go of the gas , the bike speed drops almost right away to below the posted speed limit.
funny how your ticket was this bike top-end :D
what gear were you in ? 2nd :D:D

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^two tickets i've been cited for was in my mini cooper, not on any bike i've been riding. Anal retentive sheriffs:rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got a ticket in August for 58 in 45 going down a hill with a stop light at the bottom. I was coasting in neutral. It goes 55 to 45 at the top of the hill. Tell me that isn't rigged... That was in my Mugen Civic with black wheels and tinted windows. I wonder how much that had to do with it.

The previous October I got a ticket in my S2000 70 in 55. I didn't even argue with the guy.

The ticket I got in the Civic was double the $ amount. $360. Also for awhile there I feared a 3rd ticket in 12 months because I believe it results in suspension. Thankfully the one has fallen off with regards to that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tickets I talked the cop out of.
1973, driving my Black of Black 1959 Corvette, guy was tailgating me bad, really bad, sped up to get some separation, nailed by radar for 62 in a 55 zone. Mad as hades I said nothing until the Trooper finished writing me up. Explained the situation and the fact that a conviction would double my $285 a year insurance. Went to court and the charge was null processed due to "errors made by the officer on the citation".
Walked out in 5 minutes.

1993 driving down I95 south from DC in an old Nissan Stanza Wagon (mini van). Guy passes me and pulls over in front of me in the fast lane, then slows down. I pulled over to the right lane and passed the whole stupid block of idiots tailgating and passing each other then slowing down.
Blue lights behind me, pulled over for 80 in a 55 zone. It was night so I did not see him. Reached down and got my wallet out of the console pocket with two fingers after telling the cop what I was doing (so he wouldn't shoot me), all the time looking him directly in the eyes.
He came back and gave a me a warning, but followed me for another 43 miles before passing me and waving as he passed.

1999 driving home from my cousins (crew member on the carrier Hornet when Dolittle bombed Tokyo) house on route 14 in Gloucester Va, cruise control on at 60 in a 55 zone. 4 lane divided highway. I pulled into the left lane to let a car enter the highway in the right lane. Same cars blows by me at 75-80, then slows down beside a piece of junk Ford Tempo that is killing every mosquito in the county with the oil pouring out the tailpipe. After a mile the Idiot I let on the road finally gets past the 45 MPH smoking Tempo, but stays in the left lane at 47 in a 55 zone. I move to the right lane and try to get around them. They speed up. Enough of this crap, I have to get in the left lane to make a left at the next light. Trooper nails me at 80 in a 55 zone. Go to court tell the Judge to his face looking straight in his eyes exactly what happened and he dismissed the charge based on me going to "driver improvement class for $75". At the driver improvement class the Cop tells me I should sit at a light and get hit in the arse when a driver behind me is not going to stop in time to avoid hitting me. I told him that when my life is threatened especially considering my present physical condition, I will pull into the intersection to avoid getting hit in the arse, and deal with his ticket by facing the judge and telling hem exactly what happened, under oath.
Aced the test, no citations since then, not expecting any soon. When they run my tag today my record is perfect, they don't go back that many years anymore.
Most of the time now I could have a cop riding in the car with me and he would find nothing to cite me for. As long as there is no Moron climbing up my arse I go the speed limit or slightly lower, not in that big of a hurry to get anywhere.
In Greenville NC in 1975, I was charged with DUI by a State trooper who ran up on my arse in a residential area (25 MPH) It was night and I though it was a drunk an he was going to hit me so I sped up. Went to court with the retired DA as my lawyer. The COP told the Judge I was driving 50 feet on the wrong side of the road, which was 35 feet wide and had cars parked bumper to bumper on both sides. I was driving down the middle of the road so I would not knock some one's door off if they opened it in front of me. My Lawyer told the Judge he lived on that street and if I was 50 feet to the left, I was driving down some one's front yard and out of the Troopers jurisdiction, whole courtroom busts out in laughter. While sitting on the witness stand I drew a picture of the Cops windshield in my rear view mirror in a 1971 BMW 2002. Told the Judge he was 8 feet off my rear bumper when he was closing on me at 40 MPH while I was doing 25 and waiting to get hit. Judge reduced the charge to Wreckless. I also told the Judge I could drink the same amount of beer, use some mouthwash and take and pass the driving test with the same amount of alcohol in my bloodstream.

After that railroad job, I just walked 2 miles into town to have the beers. One night I was walking home and two girls in a Maverick, drunk as skunks, ran off the road and hit a tree less than 6 feet from me walking. Ran over to a frat house across the street and got the m to call an ambulance.

regards
Badger

·
Registered
65 Posts
113 in a 55 on my cbr600rr. 430am, back road with no traffic, long straightaway.. I was running late to work and had just found out my wife had drained my bank account. Still fighting the ticket - court's in a couple of weeks. Going to be ugly unless I get it dismissed outright... In california its a full blown criminal case. Lawyer is costing me a small fortune, but my insurance is going to be way over the top unless I win the case...

The cop gave me a nice long speech about how I was going to die at any moment and nobody would ever find my disfigured corpse in the wilderness.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I get a lot of cops, specially when riding my S1000RR riding up my ass trying to provoke me and see if I speed up to pull me over. Well, I adjust my speed to just the speed limit and chill on the left lane. Im going at the limit, wich means Im going at the fastest legal speed, cant pull me over for impeding traffic, cant pull me over for speeding. All they can do is pass on the right pissed off and go harrass someone else.
It was hard to get used to drive here again after driving in Germany for 6 years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts