Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just trying to see what you guys think. also trying to see which route is more common. so do you guys usually go and spend the extra money and bring it to a dealership or do you guys just diagnose the problems yourself and save the extra money?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It depends if its still under warranty. Assuming that its not covered under warranty anymore I try to do as much as I can. But for the really serious repairs I leave it for the professionals at the dealerships. That way if anything happens I have something to fall back on and they would need to fix it again since its their mistake.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I've wrenched more that I'd like to have done in my day. Now I mostly take it to the dealer. I haven't gotten my CBR yet, but I plan to do the same here. I'll do the minor maintenance, but major stuff and repairs will go to the dealer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It depends if its still under warranty. Assuming that its not covered under warranty anymore I try to do as much as I can. But for the really serious repairs I leave it for the professionals at the dealerships. That way if anything happens I have something to fall back on and they would need to fix it again since its their mistake.
+1. The advantage of doing it yourself is saving on labor cost. If it's already covered by the warrenty, by all means, take it in and have it fixed. If it's something beyond your ability, take it in. If it's just something minor or you are just installing some bolt-on stuff or doing regular maintenance, roll up your sleeves and do it your own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only time I'll ever go is for warranty and recall problems. Any other time I'd try to fix it myself or just take it to an independent mechanic. I get to save tons of money by doing that.

·
Registered
501 Posts
most repairs i will do myself. Warranty issue I,ll take it to Honda dealer were i got it. Otherwise major repairs will take to independent motorcycle mechanic. In the 4 new Honda ive had or got, they have never needed repairs or valves adjusted. Hopefully the CBR is the same.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I always go to dealer atleast until warranty is over.
But even for things like oil change it doesnt really cost all that much more
to have my dealer do it. And i can also take it to a "Quick-lube" type place
for a fast change. Yes we have one of those places out here that just service
motorcycles.

There is also a shop that you can bring the bike in. And either do the
work yourself using their tools or let them do it or have them help you if
you get stuck on something.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
I do the simple things oil change, chain adjust, spark plugs, brakes, pull wheels off for tire change but thats about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts