Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had lots of discussions regarding safety. Included in this may involve waving at other riders or just nodding. Let's get your opinions. Is it unsafe to wave? Should we just nod in a courteous manner? We are all brothers in the riding world. How do you acknowledge fellow riders?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wave to other riders. I am very comfortable riding motorcycles so I dont feel that waving to someone else is unsafe at all. Now with that being said if I am in a position that it could be unsafe I will just nod.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Bit silly to take your hands of the bars. maybe just to give the Harleys the bird if you must.

a nod to sporstbike riders will suffice.

Reactions: bongiorgio

·
Registered
9 Posts
I try to wave as much as I can. The only time I nod is when like I'm coming off of stop sign and I'm too busy shifting to take my hands off the handlebars

·
Registered
311 Posts
Left handed wave, if I am not using the clutch, countersteering and leaning over the bike in a curve, or braking. Any of the latter 3 gets a nod only.
So 70% wave and 30% nod.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most of the time, left hand fingers up - palm / thumb web of hand touching handlebars wave. Otherwise, nod. Harley riders included :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I give the lowdown wave ( hand out and down towards ground with two fingers extended) ...if its in a corner or something then a couple fingers up or just a nod..sometimes both....

I generally dont wave at cruisers unless they wave first..broke my own rule today and waved at 3 or 4...not a single one reciprocated....dam# jerks,reminds me why I quit waving at them in the first place...
and gold-wing riders? forget it...they don't even classify themselves as motorcycles apparently...I have literally had ONE gold-wing rider wave at me all year..just one...so they dont get crap either..not even a nod anymore

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reminds me of driving my Jeep, everybody waves at other Jeep owners... Second nature now to acknowledge people in jeeps... I always wave at them no matter what I am driving now.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
used to chuck up the deuce but now i deuce it from the clutch with a nod . but if a rider looks like he knows what's up (helmet & gloves) i throw up the fist ! "Bike power":D:D:D

herley's don't wave to us :confused:
maybe is due to the fly-by's by Xspurts on bikes that look like ours :(

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sometimes I give the "low wave" when conditions support it or else I nod. Most wave or nod back. I'm not "bike predjudice" I inflict my friendly brotherhood wave on everyone....even the sometimes snobby HD guys. (can't believe the arrogance of some though, what's with that hey?, I was a HD owner once)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Kill switch cause I usually ride everyday in riding season unless I want to lock the forks, then I use the key. Now he's shut off with the key for winter.:( Not sure if I told you his name. It's Sumiko which means "charcoal" :D Also he's getting picked up in a few days for powder coating of his wheels. Black with red trim. I'm stoked!!!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Black with red trim. I'm stoked!!!!
:eek::eek::eek:
i was thinking about candy apple red to match the R on 250r.then i was thinking black powder coat but now im feeling white.:confused::confused:
(i need exhaust & sprocket first:()
black with red shoes :cool:

good name ! i wanted to give her a japanese name but the only cool one was Akira , haven't named her officially but i like Aalyah ;)

btw-how much for the P.C. ?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^was thinking of red at first but started to think I might get tired of the color after awhile so decided on black with red trim. My yosh exhaust is carbon fibre with of course the red Kenji script so red trim shd tie in nicely. Also ordering black shorty grips. I like a nice clean look. PC$$$...haven't got full quote yet, looking bout 300 as Powerhouse will pick Sumiko up since I live close to Rockie Mountains, couple hours away from Powerhouse, remove wheels, send out rims for PC, replace bearings if needed, replace wheels and return my boy back home. I Know the guy who runs the Powerhouse so he gives me deals when he's able to. I'm pretty fortunate.:D Will let you know when I get the final bill. ;)

What exhaust you thinking of going with? I had the full Yosh exhaust on mine with the Bazzaz FI. More torquey now with much smoother throttle control.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts