Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a parallel twin 670cc engine and still manage to get around 60MPG. I want something that has a little more power than my cbr250 and still get awesome MPG because i use my bike as a commuter. Do you guy think it is worthy to trade my CBR250 for this bike when it comes out in the summer 2012 ?. By the way i love my CBR250 just wish it had a little more power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NC700 x or s

I am also cosidering this bike. Although I love my cbr, I'm also very intrigued by the NC700. This weekend it will be on display at the bike show at Bingemans. Will be going to have a look.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Havent had too much of a chance to ride my CBR .. Only 1200km since i got it on Oct14 2011. Miserable winter out here. Either its sunny and cold or warmer and raining.

so will probably keep the CBR for a season or 2 and then look at getting a new bike. I had liked the CBF600 but now like the NC700 better. Will be looking for them to arrive at the dealers and see how they are in person. Wondering how the wind protection is on these bikes. That puny screen on the NC doesnt look like it will do much.

·
Registered
100 Posts
possibly - the nc700x and s were at the toronto motorcycle show back in december - very nice looking bikes. I've only had my cbr for one season/6000 km so intend on riding it at least one more season (if not 2), so i am not in the market just yet. It will be very interesting to see some reviews on these bikes when they start rolling out of dealerships this summer. I'm not sure how this bike really fits in between the 250 and the 600 rr's, and its too bad canada and the us don't import the cbr600f like they do in the UK, as that looks like the ideal 'compromise' of performance and comfort. If you haven't seen that model, you can find on the honda uk site. At any rate, the nc700x looks great, so i will definitely have to test ride it when it lands here. The only complaint i've come across on this bike in the very limited reviews to date is the low redline on it. just when our 250's start to get interesting, the nc's hit the rev limiter. :confused:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I went from a 2002 honda 650 shadow ace. My CBR 250 is my upgrade. Even my CRF230m is a upgrade from the heavy 650

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would say I am tempted. But I will likely stay with the CBR as my commuter. Although a little more power would be nice, the CBR is perfectly adequate for commuting. It doesn't require big HP/torque to maintain at 60-65 MPH.

From the economic point of view, you can't beat spending $4000 on a bike that gets 70-80 MPG. I figure I can save $800 a year on gas and the bike will pay for itself in 5 years. Upgrading to a bigger bike would just defeat the purpose of being frugal (or cheap :D).

Cheers,

·
Registered
100 Posts
what I meant by 'fitting in' is that the 250 is sporty, the 600rr is supersporty, but the 700 seems, as the press releases suggest, category defying. It looks great, the price is right, as is the estimated fuel consumption, but it does not seem like a sports bike in terms of its design, engine etc, which is why the cbr600f would be an ideal mid-range sports bike in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
what I meant by 'fitting in' is that the 250 is sporty, the 600rr is supersporty, but the 700 seems, as the press releases suggest, category defying. It looks great, the price is right, as is the estimated fuel consumption, but it does not seem like a sports bike in terms of its design, engine etc, which is why the cbr600f would be an ideal mid-range sports bike in my opinion.
The NC700X is a BMW GS650 for %60 the price. The CBR600F is $10,000, 105hp, 45 mpg. A 600RR with bigger handlebars. Not really in between. More like just over to one side of the RR.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I've owned and rode the CBF1000; nice ride. In my opinion it falls into the sport/touring category. I feel the 700 series is the same. It doesn't spin my spurs. If I upgrade it would be the cbr600rr, not a heavy lower torquey 700. I don't really like the looks of the bike either and honestly I feel I would be down grading going to the 700...not upgrading. Just my opinion:eek:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
It is a parallel twin 670cc engine and still manage to get around 60MPG. I want something that has a little more power than my cbr250 and still get awesome MPG because i use my bike as a commuter. Do you guy think it is worthy to trade my CBR250 for this bike when it comes out in the summer 2012 ?. By the way i love my CBR250 just wish it had a little more power.
last time I checked,Kelly Blue Book has the trade in value of this bike in excellent condition as $2,650..I know i paid $4580 out the door for mine..I'll keep it till the wheels rot off before I lose 40% of my investment on a trade in for a year old bike...and the trade in value will continue to decrease.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hope local dealer gets one in. Like to see it up close and sit on it. After a few years i think most of us will want to move up to something with a little more H.P. This just might be an option

·
Registered
879 Posts
I think there's a fair amount of people on here who have moved down to this bike from bigger bikes. ;)
I have two bigger bikes and bought the little 250. Its a great bike but wouldnt want it for my only one. Its fun but lacks power and acceleration. Its a begginers bike or something to just go out and play around with.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The gas tank storage + luggage options are nice. If I had the money I'd pick one up. The windscreen doesn't look too great, but this could be nice for some longer distance stuff + commuting.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts