Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders,

I am 27 and have been riding since I was 18. I have a brand new CBR 250r in black non-ABS. I have had several bikes; including a Ninja 250. I'd love to answer any questions that anyone might have.

My overall impression of this motorcycle is that it is far superior to a Ninja 250. The only way the Ninja comes ahead is in top speed. But, The CBR seems to have much more torque off the line, which is what you want starting out anyways. It is the best new bike for your money, and has a great feel to it.

Please go ahead and fire away if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Ted

·
Registered
928 Posts
Bringing mine home tomorrow, hopefully rain stays away. Did you feel like you had to rev it up all the time or would it cruise decent at lower RPM's?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome to the forum. Why did you decide to go noth a non-ABS modle of

pictures will be awsome o see
I got the first CBR250r in Wisconsin. ABS isn't coming to Wisconsin for a few months. It would be nice in some situations -but overall, I just didn't feel like I needed ABS that bad. I took the money that I would have spent on ABS and got a 5 year warranty. I also do not like the fact that the rear brake can engage the front brake which could cause the front end to dip down unexpectedly. What angles would you like to see? I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.
-Ted

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A picture of the instrument cluster with the bike on would be great.

What do you think of the sound of the bike?
I'll get that picture up tomorrow...

The CBR 250r doesn't sound like a 600. I can tell you that it looks and sounds better in person. It is quiet, it runs very smoothly, and has great torque off the line. I just rode with my friend who has a 600 and I could keep up with him just fine. To push it past 85mph without ducking takes some work. It is geared so you can get in 6th gear fast. The manuel says 39mph for cruising in 6th gear... I run the rpms a bit higher. I have only used 91octane without ethanol but I'm not getting 77mpg as Honda claims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bringing mine home tomorrow, hopefully rain stays away. Did you feel like you had to rev it up all the time or would it cruise decent at lower RPM's?
Congratulations on your purchase! What color did you choose? ABS, non-ABS? I brought mine home in on a cold day when it was raining... HHope the rain wont be a problem. It cruises real well around 4,500 rpm at lower speeds. In 6th gear at 7,000 rpms you will be going 66 mph. It feels very comfortable. If you need to pass it is easy to drop it down into 4th or 5th. I think Honda did a great job getting the feel of the clutch just right. You do not have to rev it up like a Ninja 250. Much better response and more torque. I don't see any down sides of the CBR compared to the Ninja. Let me know what you think.
-Ted

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ted where in Badger land are you? Im in Northern Illinois just across the border. We're always riding up to Lake Geneva. Been trying to talk the wife into riding up to the Northwoods, Vilas County. Used to do a lot of lunch runs to the Dells too. Callin for rain all day tomorrow, I had to go to a dealer 30 miles away to get the bike.
I got a black non/abs. My dealer was supposed to get 1 red and 2 blacks in. Only got the 2 black ones in. Glad I didnt want the red. Looks nice but a little plain just black. Have to figure out some graphics or lotsa stickers. Also gonna check with our tatoo guy, he just started airbrushing and hes good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ted where in Badger land are you? Im in Northern Illinois just across the border. We're always riding up to Lake Geneva. Been trying to talk the wife into riding up to the Northwoods, Vilas County. Used to do a lot of lunch runs to the Dells too. Callin for rain all day tomorrow, I had to go to a dealer 30 miles away to get the bike.
I live in Madison. It would be a lot of fun to get together sometime... I could also head South.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Youre only 90 minutes from me. I love Wisconsin highways, illinois roads are terrible and congested. We live right on the border where the suburbs of Chicago turn into farmland. Lots of great back roads at least.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yes I did. Picked it up yesterday and got home just as it started raining. took it out a couple times today. Traffic was horrendous but hit some back roads. The bike is great. I posted a couple reviews on here already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts