Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter which battery tender I buy from batterytender.com? I live in Michigan and it will be in a garage. Should I take the battery out and keep in house hooked up to this? What is best?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Michigan - BRRRRRRRRR!!!
If the battery is indoors at room temperature there will be nothing to worry about.
If your garage is attached to the house or heated that's probably still fine. My workshop is as low as 10 - 12 degees C. (50 F.) and never a battery problem on a Battery Tender.
If below freezing all the time in your garage I would bring it in for the winter.
Maybe E-mail Battery Tender with the question.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BatteryTender emailed me back and said the best thing to do is take the battery out of the bike and bring inside. The batter tender jr. would be all i'd need...thanks for the help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Battery Tender Junior works great for me.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
with this warm winter my bike never stayed parked more than 10 days at a time..at the most..hardly worth hooking up a battery tender..i wouldnt even consider it unless it was going to sit for more than 30 days at a time..and even then as soon as you start the cbr..it charges the battery back up to full if its even dropped a little bit anyway

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My bike came with one.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Got 2 Juniors. One for each bike. I don't take the battery out since I try to ride through the PA winters. Use it during the winter when I may only get out once or twice a month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts