Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrapped the silver pieces with translucent red....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol...I don't think I'm gonna try that front piece, the others were hard enough.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I used Oracal 8300 translucent red #032. It's a little lighter shade but it looks close enough.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I watch some videos on youtube and it doesn't look too difficult. I'm not looking forward to taking my bike apart again though! I just had everything apart to install my tinted windscreen, and I already put it back together. I wish I would have seen this thread earlier so I could have done everything all at once!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This did take some time and patience but for $50.00 and a few hours of my time it was worth it.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Looks great mate. I have carbon fibre vinyl in place of the silver. I can only imagine how long that took to vinyl up.
That's what I'm doing with my bike once the weather warms up--matte black on the silver parts. Eventually painting the wheels, probably gold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah this is actually a carbon fibre look. Of course doesnt look anything like the real stuff, but it looks clean and presentable. You can buy those parts already wrapped. Wish i could say i did the vinyl, but no. Bought the bike like that. Paid extra of course.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update!!!!

Wrapped the wind screen with smoke vinyl....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've never done a complete wrap, but I've worked vinyl windshields, all of my sidecar graphics are vinyl, as well.
The first thing is to clean thoroughly, make sure there's no residue.
Next, make sure your vinyl is big enough for your area, my first try, I thought I had enough and wound up having to do a little cutting and pasting, I got it done but do try to learn from my mistakes.
I've watched a couple of the YouTube wrapping videos, and they started by removing all of the backing from the vinyl. I would not recommend doing that, it's easier to peel back on the backing, than trying to keep full control of the whole thing. At least that's what I've found. The guy I learned from told me that's better than pulling the 2 adhesive sides apart if the stick together, he's done 27 foot boats using that method and you can't argue with success.
Keep air bubbles under control when they rise up, you can pierce them after it's done, but they can be smoothed out as you work the vinyl onto the surface, for the most part.
I'm planning on starting on my CBR in the morning, hopefully before the temps bust the century mark again.

Doc

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks great! I was thinking of doing the accent fairings either matte white, Yellow or lambo orange on my black CBR. How much vinyl would you say you need to get them done? (smallest sheets I could find are 12" x 54")

1 - 20 of 21 Posts