Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

just hope this never happens to you.

Really curious though how does a MOTO GP bike have its entire wheel hub fall off...

·
Registered
131 Posts
that must've hurt really bad, i hope the guy riding the bike is alright.
a motorcycle accident like that is horrible cause well, that seems to be mechanical error and at the end of the day who is to blame for what happened? the people working on it!

I bet the team is either fired or under review so this doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
regardless that really sucks... well the guys fine, as he is in the new report after talkin about the crash.

heres a picture of the OZ racing wheel

·
Registered
131 Posts
regardless that really sucks... well the guys fine, as he is in the new report after talkin about the crash.

heres a picture of the OZ racing wheel

Yikes!!!

From the video it looks like the tire alone came off the wheel since the wheel is black and blends is very well with the tire, then you see the back end sink and start to bite your teeth....

Good he's ok, this could of turned out to be a much more worse situation. I guess it wasn't mechanical error after all from the team, more so the manufacture of the wheel or just that the wheel exceeded it's limits and broke like it did.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah its pretty bad, it just looks like the wheel fell of the HUB, but luckily the other rider saw him and slammed the brakes instantly.

I doubt it be a team error of the pit crew unless some one wanted him dead, mostly likely a failure in the bike or a poorly made wheel that cracked in 5 spokes but 1,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts