Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my first new Honda CBR250 last September, it had 5 miles on it and is the Captain America Red/White/Blue color. I picked it up to be my commute motorcycle. I already have my motorcycle endorsement.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

I’ve been throughly enjoying this little motorcycle. It’s not super fast, bit it’s really easy to ride. I have been wanting to head out and track ride, but this little motorcycle is just too nice and untouched. So I just purchased a second CBR250, this one with about 16k miles, and a couple of drops on it.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

my intention is to strip it down and convert it to be a track only motorcycle.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow, congrats on getting two CBR250R! You got the right idea about how to use this bike. It's a great commuter for sure, but it is also a fun bike to track.

You don't need to mod too much to make it a fun track bike. Just get a better pair of tires and a high quality rearsets. The standard rearsets are too low, so you will find yourself dragging them constantly. Not to mention that the rubbery feel of the standard rearsets are not confidence-inducing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, congrats on getting two CBR250R! You got the right idea about how to use this bike. It's a great commuter for sure, but it is also a fun bike to track.

You don't need to mod too much to make it a fun track bike. Just get a better pair of tires and a high quality rearsets. The standard rearsets are too low, so you will find yourself dragging them constantly. Not to mention that the rubbery feel of the standard rearsets are not confidence-inducing.
i don’t plan on doing too much, just replacing pads, rebuild the forks with heavier springs, and adding rear set foot pegs. Oh and getting rid of the mirrors and lights. I already have a set of Pirelli Rosa II’s to put on…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts