Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things happened more or less at once. I realized that my large German machine was getting heavier after 18 years, and was more bike than I needed for the kind of riding I do anymore. Then the CBR250R came out. My local dealer - they're spread far apart out here - got one in, in black. I said I'd take one, in red. He found one, we're waiting for it, and he's waiting for my Gummi Kuh. It's red. The Honda ought to make a good stablemate the Velocette. It's black.
Ride safe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Michael,
The Velocette is a '54 swing arm MAC, 350cc, about 70mph top, but 60 is its realistic top cruising speed. It does take a bit of tinkering to keep going, but it's a great ride. I've always been partial to singles, which was a big part of what drew me to the Honda.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The dealer did the color swap over the weekend. The LGM is sitting on the hardstand, washed yet patinaed. The sky is 95% grey, temp trying to break 40 degrees. It's 26 miles to the dealer. The projected route home is under 200 but includes four mountain passes so it should be a fair test. Sun's cracking through - see ya later.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the new machine home. The day never did warm up, even rained a bit, but that subtracted from the ride not one iota. Light, nimble, fits the body, and while I won't say powerful, it does get rolling and one best keep an eye on the speedo in town. First impression: I'm impressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts