Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys on here got to ride the dragon on your 250 yet? I have not since I have only owned the bike for a couple of months but have rode many times on my Goldwing and the 919 I used to have.
I will try to go this summer I have to trailer my bikes because my wife likes to ride on the wing over the cherohala so I trailer both up. You do what you have to. Robbinsville Microtel is a very bike friendly hotel and we have stayed there several times.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have and it was orgasmic. :) Can't think of a better bike for it.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Yes I have. No surprise...it's very good. Best to go on a weekday before 11:00 am to avoid crowds. The feeling is like being on an awesome roller coaster except you are in command of the coaster!

There are some other great roads in the general area that you won't want to miss, like US 421 The Snake and NC 80 The Devil's Whip. Whereas Tail of the Dragon is curve after curve more or less on the same elevation, 421 and NC 80 feature significant elevation changes. Especially NC 80 you will want to ride uphill.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mtripp, welcome, Deals gap, on the bucket list for sure, love the names for the roads that Stichill quoted, Just sound fun!! This little bike loves the twisties, and with that little Repsol how can you not have fun? It looks fun just sitting still! Caution though, don't let your wife ride the CBR on the Dragon. You might not get it Back!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes wetrider you have a great adventure ahead of you just getting here from Washington. WOW would that be a great ride or what. Its funny the older I get how I realize the things I will never get to do as time just wont permit so to all of you that get a chance TAKE IT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will be up that way over Memorial Day weekend... not on the 250 though, I'll be out and about on the VFR. Always a good time in that area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts