Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I am riding an errand when this guy flashes by me with his kid on the back on what looked like an original Honda Dream 90 that I used to ride at the turn of the 70s - the flash of chrome dazzled me. By the time I got my wits back I had to chase him down, right into the ricefields on short cut path. And he was really moving - I was thinking "Wow he has completel;y restored this thing". I think his kid was a bit freaked out, but by the time I flagged him down and asked to take a picture she had a big grin on her face, almost as proud as her daddy.

Was a bit disappointed though to discover it was far from original (kawasaki 200 cc engine I think, bits from CB - oh well looked kinda classic heh) but thought I should post it anyway LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny!
Harley is the number one selling street bike maker in the US in 2010 and Honda was second. And Honda US didn't have any bikes smaller than 600cc then.
Southeast Asia is the land of the 90-125cc scooter. In Indonesia we call them "bebeks" (ducks). But some kids have been modifying them to absolutely scream up to around 120kph - without of course, the brakes and handling power to match.

This Malaysian guy is even going around the world one one.

So much for big ass 1 litre+ adventure bikes!!! LMAO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts