Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the sheets from the runs my bike has made this far.
They used they Dynojet DFC fuel controller and like I have posted before the bike stock runs lean. To answer some questions the DFC still uses the o2 sensor. How much is it? I believe about $230.00. Does the air box mod make more power? Yes a quarter of a HP. The first sheet is the stock tune verses with the DFC, look at the AFR too. The second sheet is the run tuned to an aftermarket pipe. If anyone is interested in this unit please feel free to PM me as my tuner will sell and pre map the DFC for you'r exhaust.

the first run made 23.45HP in all stock form

With a pipe

·
Registered
576 Posts
pretty cool to see the power curve.
i like to shift at 5500-6000,that seems to be where it starts to
really pull hard.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
HoPmix has already done an exhaust and fuel management dyno.
And he got similar 1.5 - 2hp gains.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats really not to bad I guess. I don't know what it's going to end up being. My riding season is almost here, if they don't get the head work done in the next few weeks i'm going to have to wait until fall. I don't want to be without my bike midway through summer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
very interesting that the aftermarket pipe added no Hp or Tq at top end even with DFC.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
A slip on Akra does more for midrange torque.. all for less money.

There is no way I'm gonna spend $300 on controller, $300 on tuner, $300 on dyno and $200 on a header pipe for 1.5 more Hp.

Will just take the corners quicker instead.

·
Registered
175 Posts
thanks bbr.
I was waiting for your dynos.
Ecu seems working.
But what is wrong with the pipe?
No hp gain? How possible?
Maybe it is something to do with ecu? Maybe no adaptation to the new pipe?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think it's interesting that there is no discernable gain with an aftermarket exhaust. Can they plot all three on one chart so we can really tell?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
It would be great to see a dyno for:

Their dyno of the stock bike, no DFC.
Stock pipe with DFC tuned for it.
Aftermarket pipe with DFC tuned for it.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
If you get a chance, as him if the CBR's stock fuel controller can "learn" and make adjustments based on the way you ride.

Thanks.

Jay

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I missunderstood the email. The first stock run of 23.45 was un tuned with stock pipe. And the other one was with the pipe for 25.26
I was going to say, the improvement in the first graph looks exactly like what I have seen posted many times for other slip ons only with no fuel controller. Doesn't look like the fuel controller will add anything to a slip on above 5,000. Unless it would be needed with an intake mod which might get rid of the suck out above 8,500. How can the fuel controller run richer than Lambda but still use the stock narrow band O2 sensor?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

Now here is the gains hoPmix got.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This was the email I just got back

I did not do a tune for the stock muffler. Our first set of tests showed little to no different in the tune or HP/TQ between the slip on vs the stock muffler. The map I did will work with either the stock muffler or slip on. The first run is the completely stock bike and the final is with the slip on and DFC. Dynojet is getting back to me on when they can get me some DFC's and I will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

http://stores.ebay.com/fuelmoto
Thank you.........Jamie

Fuel Moto
2215 Kelbe Dr
Little Chute, WI 54140
Toll Free Sales/Tech 1-877-729-4754

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
If you get a chance, as him if the CBR's stock fuel controller can "learn" and make adjustments based on the way you ride.
Thanks.
Jay
Based on the way someone rides? Probably not. Based on changing equipment that effects the way the engine breathes. Yes. But maybe only globally. As in one amount of change for the entire rpm band by shifting then entire map up or down together. There might be something like three separate files for idle, part load, and full load. I don't remember if there were one or more correction categories when I looked at the screens on the Honda diagnostic tool. I am also surprised that the stock AF print out that the tuners are showing are not at Lambda all the way across. The lean burn 16.0 : 1 below 3,000 rpm could be contributing to a tendency to stall at the restart of decel fuel shut off that some people are having trouble with.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts