Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The DFC unit is now on the Dynjet/Powercommander web site:-
Dynojet Fuel Controller (DFC)

The link to the installation guide is wrong but if you change the eng-HON003 to eng-HON002 you will be able to download it.

Most interesting point is this:-
The O2 sensor of this motorcycle controls the AFR from idle to 85% throttle so you will not be able to make fine tune adjustments by modifying the values in the fuel table. To adjust the AFR in this area go to Device Tools - O2 Adjustment and move the slider bar as necessary.
I have one on order through Dynojet UK

Regards Roadster

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've had one for 2 months now, my bike was dyno tuned and it runs better than ever. I tried getting people in the us to buy them through my tuner as I can get them cheaper than most but not to many people bit.
Dyno charts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had one for 2 months now, my bike was dyno tuned and it runs better than ever. I tried getting people in the us to buy them through my tuner as I can get them cheaper than most but not to many people bit.
You got yours through [email protected] right? How much did it really alter the rideability of the bike? I'm thinking about putting one on the woman's 250r. Similarly, how are they to deal with up there? I'm thinking about taking my Gixxer up to him to get a full tune on my PCV. I've read good things about the place but never talked to someone who's actually dealt with them personally. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The O2 sensor of this motorcycle controls the AFR from idle to 85% throttle so you will not be able to make fine tune adjustments by modifying the values in the fuel table. To adjust the AFR in this area go to Device Tools - O2 Adjustment and move the slider bar as necessary.

So, what does it mean man? Is it really working properly? Or like half or only 15 percent?
Someone explain please.
Dynojet sent me an email before stating that they cannot release something proper within 6 months so what is this now?
Besides, you cannot find anything in Dynojet website from make, year and model combo boxes for cbr 250 and all you can find is HON-002 part number and a purchase button.
It looks like, they do not trust their product?
Is it like a screwtany?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've had one for 2 months now...but not to many people bit.
Would like to hear it from you as I'm almost decided to buy a DFC (Shoots PCV5+auto tune would've been sweeter deal :()

Anyway, question, considering money no bar, is it worth buying this device or something like Baazaz is better?

Do we really get to see a bump in the HP?

Are there any long terms impacts on the engine?

What're the issues I can expect out of this product?

·
Registered
455 Posts
at the moment bazzaz has more options quick shift afm ect.
I really wish dynojet would issue a quick shift for the 250

Reactions: TimeIsRunninOut

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Here we go again with the dyno charts. They are obviously showing the difference between stock and then with the addition of a fuel controller AND an exhaust. The controller will make the most difference below 5,000 rpm and help little if at all above that. You can get most of the gains with just doing the exhaust. The fuel controller will add the finishing touch on throttle crispness below 5,000.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DFC fitted...

I have opened a separate topic covering the current settings for my DFC in detail. But I would like to say that I am satisfied with the improvement and confirm that low and mid range are much better. Really satisfying driveability. This is achieved through the closed loop adjustment as stated very honestly by Dynojet. I am still working on the top end map and concentrating on values for 100% throttle as these are the only ones likely to be significant.

I don't want to criticise any of the other fuel controllers because I haven't tried them but if you look at the maps they seem to have extreme enrichment values. The only way I can make sense of that is that they push the closed loop response of the ECU to the limits of its maps at which point the external box becomes the main influence on how much fuel is injected because the ECU has moved to minimum fuel in response to the A/F sensor.

I would have to say that if your main priority is fuel consumption you won't like any of these products because Honda can't be beaten. They have used every trick that they can on the ECU design and mapping.

Regards Roadster

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You got yours through [email protected] right? How much did it really alter the rideability of the bike? I'm thinking about putting one on the woman's 250r. Similarly, how are they to deal with up there? I'm thinking about taking my Gixxer up to him to get a full tune on my PCV. I've read good things about the place but never talked to someone who's actually dealt with them personally. Thanks in advance.
Fuel moto is Awsome to deal with I highly recommend them. It did not affect rideabality any what so ever, If anything it made it better. They are a top notch shop and know what they are doing.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Here we go again with the dyno charts. They are obviously showing the difference between stock and then with the addition of a fuel controller AND an exhaust. The controller will make the most difference below 5,000 rpm and help little if at all above that. You can get most of the gains with just doing the exhaust. The fuel controller will add the finishing touch on throttle crispness below 5,000.
My charts are both with a pipe. One is un tuned and one is tuned

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

So, what does it mean man? Is it really working properly? Or like half or only 15 percent?
Someone explain please.
Dynojet sent me an email before stating that they cannot release something proper within 6 months so what is this now?
Besides, you cannot find anything in Dynojet website from make, year and model combo boxes for cbr 250 and all you can find is HON-002 part number and a purchase button.
It looks like, they do not trust their product?
Is it like a screwtany?
Year, make and model is selected and bam the DFC shows up
They just released it so it may have semed they don't trust their product but I was the test dummy for the first one for this bike and they were worried about 1 thing, I cant remember what exactly it was but it turns out it wasnt an issue.

·
Registered
540 Posts

Someone explain please.
It means (if I read that correctly) that they can't adjust the AFR through the O2 reading when the system is running closed loop, and you need to adjust the closed loop fuel table instead. Perfectly normal, same thing occurs in every "piggyback" device like this. Adjusting the fuel table to enrich the mixture will give you more power (to a point) at the expense of mileage.

IMHO, $250 seems like a bit much to get a less than 2hp gain.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Ok I will repete myself again, Any and all of my dyno sheets were done with an aftermarket exhaust. One was a stock tune with a pipe and the other was just tuned so the lower number you see is just with a pipe and the extra 2hp was from the tune. The stock tune is lean!!! I have a bunch of sheets with the AFR's on them but they are in paper form.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts