Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying an EFI Tuner like HMF Optimizer, Two Bro's Juicebox, or the Yoshimura PIM 2. I have heard they can unlock performance, throttle response, and make throttle control smoother.
Here is my problem... I have never used one and it's very hard to find any info. It's almost like a secret or something? So here is my question for anybody that likes sharing info: Which one is a good one and how do I use it? Seriously, I know squat about how to install, setup, or use these things so don't be afraid to break it own really slow like for me...hahaha.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Have you looked into Bazzaz. I have the Bazzaz EFI and it simply plugs under the pillion seat. I had it put on with my new exhaust system by Honda Powerhouse. I immediately noticed more torque and much much smoother throttle control. Suppossed to be easy peazy instructions. look into Bro!:confused:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you looked into Bazzaz. I have the Bazzaz EFI and it simply plugs under the pillion seat. I had it put on with my new exhaust system by Honda Powerhouse. I immediately noticed more torque and much much smoother throttle control. Suppossed to be easy peazy instructions. look into Bro!:confused:
good call. where did you buy it and for how much? How much customizing can you do?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I ordered it through Honda Powerhouse but Bazzaz has a website where you can order thru. At most I might get another 10% out of the wee 250 engine. It comes with pre-programed maps and it resets the ECU. Some like to dyno after installation but for myself I cannot justify the $$ as I'm not racing and realistically it won't make a noticeable difference. However I am quite pleased with the extra torque and smoother throttle. I paid $251.00 and some change. Bike runs great. Sorry I can't be more help.:D

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very good info. help is much appreciated =]

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have also looked into a bazzaz, as live to ride says it comes with two maps pre-installed one for stock exhaust and one for a slip-on exhaust. The bazzaz itself does not reset the ECU, you have to get it done, also the install is not as simple as plugging in under pillion seat (no slam intended live to ride). It is connected piggy back style between the ECU, the fuel injector and the throttle position sensor. To get to the fuel injector would probably require access under the fuel tank I'm guessing, under the pillion seat is just were the control box is mounted

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^^^no worries. I just simplified the expaination. I understand it is a plug and play piggyback installation and yes, the Bazzaz sits under the pillion seat. As well I know the ECU needs to be reset but, i also thought by riding the bike the ECU will automatically reset, as well. If that is wrong I gladly stand corrected:eek:;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
i also thought by riding the bike the ECU will automatically reset

you may be right on that front, i personally would get it reset, but you could start a whole new thread to argue that point (and people have lol)

Have even heard it said that you disconnect the stock O2 sensor once you have EFI box installed, I personally have no idea about that one :confused:

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I have also looked into a bazzaz, as live to ride says it comes with two maps pre-installed one for stock exhaust and one for a slip-on exhaust.
They really need to get a dyno graph up of this.

For such a little cost they would make a lot more sales if it shows to be impressive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Bazazz unit is the way to go I think. We have installed ours on our race bike that my son will sprint this year, and will get it dyno tested this week. It is a piggy back unit that does sit under the passenger seat. There are complete instructions that come with the unit that show you how to route and connect the wiring. The tank must be removed, but we were able to route the harness without removing the air box. There is one map on the unit and one blank that can be customized. To switch from one to the other, you need to buy a remote switch and harness, or mount the connector plug so that it is easily accessible. When the plug is in, you are on map 1 which is for a slip-on exhaust, when the plug is pulled, it is on your custom map 2. Map 1 can be over-ridden to give you two custom maps. You can also upgrade the Z-FI unit with the Z-AFM, which holds an unlimited number of maps and you can set them via the USB cable for the specific riding conditions you are in. They also offer a quick shifter as well. Hope this info helps.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
i also thought by riding the bike the ECU will automatically reset

you may be right on that front, i personally would get it reset, but you could start a whole new thread to argue that point (and people have lol)

Have even heard it said that you disconnect the stock O2 sensor once you have EFI box installed, I personally have no idea about that one :confused:
The Bazzaz AFM is great for racing as it tracks shifting along with traction control by recording rear wheel traction on the map. I agree, a new thread can be started about how to reset the ECU lol, and it's not going to be me:eek: I'd be in way over my head:confused: I'm unfamiliar with removing O2 sensor but I know some choose to remove the snorkle.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The Bazazz unit is the way. When the plug is in, you are on map 1 which is for a slip-on exhaust, when the plug is pulled, it is on your custom map 2. Hope this info helps.
is true !! the Bazzaz does work !!:cool:
by all means , it won't turn the 250 into a 600rr .... but it sure helps.:D

went to a authorized Bazzaz dealer/installer.
said that bazzaz will improve performance because the CPU thinks the bike has the stock exhaust...so the output is not correct.

Bazzaz puls $350 to intall and tune .... plus 2 days downtime :eek::confused:

no way !!...she's not going to sleep in some warehouse :(

took my chances with the Bazzaz myself ... was going to make a nice "how to" video for you all but to many haters.:mad:

real people that need help , P.M. me if you attempt to do this yourself. :cool:

plugged it in last night and went to bed.
woke up to test ride :)
(hoping she started):eek:

notice the bike does not back fire that much now.
the only way to describe is more electricity flowing through the bike, more peppy :)

helps to pass those morons who alter their driving when they see a motorcycle :mad:

thanks to gofast353 who answer the only question i had :)
you answer'd a lot of people :cool:

she's runs like a champ now ... almost worthy of her second capital letter "R".

...just a few more mods left ;):D:):cool::eek:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^^SS...you got the Bazzaz too? Way to go! :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, I'm in the dark about this too.

Now , I'd like a bit crisper response for mid corner getting on the gas and exit cleaner (Its mushy in 40 degree heat at full noise), and a smidgin more top end will enable another gearchange at one point of the track (along with lower gearing)
An Arrow or Akra Header is on the cards soon..
Question-
Will we need the Z-AFM for that header?

·
Registered
323 Posts
The Bazazz unit is the way to go I think. We have installed ours on our race bike that my son will sprint this year, and will get it dyno tested this week. It is a piggy back unit that does sit under the passenger seat. There are complete instructions that come with the unit that show you how to route and connect the wiring. The tank must be removed, but we were able to route the harness without removing the air box. There is one map on the unit and one blank that can be customized. To switch from one to the other, you need to buy a remote switch and harness, or mount the connector plug so that it is easily accessible. When the plug is in, you are on map 1 which is for a slip-on exhaust, when the plug is pulled, it is on your custom map 2. Map 1 can be over-ridden to give you two custom maps. You can also upgrade the Z-FI unit with the Z-AFM, which holds an unlimited number of maps and you can set them via the USB cable for the specific riding conditions you are in. They also offer a quick shifter as well. Hope this info helps.
I'm tollarja and I approve this message. I just removed the airbox, it is not hard, but it just doesn't go back in like it belongs there...

How did you route the Bazazz cable?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
How did you route the Bazazz cable?
@live_to_ride: yeah baby !!!:)thanks to you again , as you input was a major factor.
was not going to purchase Bazzaz but you sounded like you made a good choice.
did my homework and found out that without Bazzaz , the exhaust just make a lot of noise :(
thanks again and my bike really thanks you !!:):cool::D;)

@Aufitt: if your question is serious :D
yes !!! without this the exhaust just makes noise and backfires a lot.
this regulates the fuel to the aftermarket exhaust.
you ride the track so is "recommended" that you get the bike dyno'd to get maximum output but it comes already programmed to aftermarket exhaust to what Bazzaz feels is the best map.(good for me)
.....but with the dyno you can get more personal:cool:
don't instal your new exhaust without one of these near by;):cool:

@tollarja: routed just like in the instructions :)
very clean and plush :cool:
personally did not need to remove the air box , but did remove the bolts of the tank to lift it a bit to get my hand in there.
hardest part was step #6: locate the TPS and crimping the wire :eek:
steady hands ;)
one mistake on this instal period and you can fry the CPU :eek::mad:

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
What advantages/disadvantages are there between the-

Dynojet (now avail)
Yoshi (I see now avail only $269)
Bazzaz ( $600 including the Z-AFM)

Still confused as to what I need to buy and how much the final cost will be?
And yes I'm a complete fuel injection dummy as Ive only had Triumph and the dealer did it all for me.

My bike pops on light throttle into turns after redlining up the straghts.
response is fluffy outside the 6000-9000 range
its got also got a flat spot at 5000-6000 then surges ahead

Will one of these clean it up and enable me to run an Arrow header as well?
Not expecting any power gain... just cleaner response.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'm not a gear head but the Bazzaz is the way to go. It will track and tune your shifting which is what you would want for your track days. You can read the input on your PC and make any corrections as needed along with what ever mapping you want/need. I know it's more expensive but Bazzaz is a good product and user friendly for the DIY guys with more going on mechanical wise than me lol Hook up to your computer and away you go with the mapping/ O2, adjustments. BTW, enjoy your track pics

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
AFTER INSTALLING A DYNJET WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! working great can play with it on the PC or a MAC :eek: I thing it is the best :p for me and my CBR250RA w/full YOSHI exhaust :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts