Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It must be squid season.... we are getting "How do I put gas in the tank?" and "I'm so proud now I am the biker I always wanted to be because I have a shiny new too pity" and the like sort of threads. This one turned out to be something a bit different from what i expected.

Each to their own, but that music is not really my thing. I thought the next one I clicked on had its cute bits.

I like the bit what the girl learning to ride a bicycle wobbled off and crashed into a pole.

It reminds me of when I was a seven or eight year old kid and had just learned to ride a bicycle at a friend's place.... by myself. There was no adult to help me balance, offer advice, or worry about safety. I could keep the bike upright on level ground, but still didn't know anything about brakes, or how to change direction. Still I reckoned I was ready to try a down hill run like the others. I crashed into a fence, and went flying over tearing my leg on the barbed top wire, and landed in a blackberry bush.

I was in a sorry state over lunch, but didn't get much sympathy...... thankfully. An hour or two later I was back at it, and got steering and braking sussed.

I like the last bit of the clip too, where the kid wants to make her bike go forward, but can only make it go backwards, for which she was praised but it was not what she wanted.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
So... engine break in is great an all,

but how do I get paid to do stuff like this...

Yello - Oh Yeah - YouTube
Besides "Ferris", this song was also featured in "Secret of My Success" and I hear it on "The Simpsons" now and then -- As well as bunches of other places. A classic, for sure. To answer your question about how to get paid doing this sorta stuff, I point to the lyrics from another 80s song:

I shoulda' learned to play the guitar
I shoulda' learned to play them drums
Look at that mama, she got it stickin' in the camera
Man we could have some fun
And he's up there, what's that ? Hawaiian noises ?
Bangin' on the bongos like a chimpanzee
That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Get your money for nothin' get your chicks for free

:D Now back to being an insurance agent, where I don't get my money for nothing and for sure, I don't get my chicks for "free". :D

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
For the love of god will someone please make a noob "how to" thread.

To answer you'r question Breaking in an engine is over rated. I build engines on a weekly basis and have never "broken in" an engine. Most important thing is just to heat cycle it a few times. Just ride the Dang thing and do your first oil change at 5-600miles

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
For the love of god will someone please make a noob "how to" thread.

To answer you'r question Breaking in an engine is over rated. I build engines on a weekly basis and have never "broken in" an engine. Most important thing is just to heat cycle it a few times. Just ride the Dang thing and do your first oil change at 5-600miles
Did you even read what the OP had to say?

So... engine break in is great an all,

but how do I get paid to do stuff like this...

Yello - Oh Yeah - YouTube

1 - 7 of 7 Posts