Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Thanks, have been searching for solutions for case savers,
wonder if these are legal for Mororcycling Australia Racing regs.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Yeah forget Webike stuff, all too expensive.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I know dragging sliders can protect the bike in a fall. Do these serve any functional purpose?
Compulsory for racing and tuning days, bike slides down the track and wont drop its oil due to grinding out the cases, (so the regulations say)
Some bikes you can easily fabricate a cover but the cbr is a hard one to do that.

'
As per the 2012 GCRs all lateral covers/ engine cases containing oil and which could be in contact with the ground during a crash, must be protected by a second cover made from composite materials such as carbon or kevlar, or be fitted with heavy duty crash resistant end cases made from solid metal. Plates and/or bars made from aluminum or steel are also permitted. All these devices must be designed to be resistant against sudden shocks and must be fixed properly and securely. Bonding alone is not a suitable method of mounting. '

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm probably going to end up buying the red ones next week, I think it will give my all-black CBR some nice contrast.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking for engine covers but the links you've sent aren't available. Do you know where to find them?

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
39 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking for engine covers but the links you've sent aren't available. Do you know where to find them?
The Honda manufacturer has already considered the possibility of falls, or slight slips, and how to prevent damage in such situations. The OEM weights at the end of the handlebars rotate and serve as sliders.
If you can explain to yourself why you need the extra sliders? So it will also be easier for you to understand what you are looking for?
1. Cheap, or expensive (In the expensive one more engineering and more powerful materials are invested)?
2. Long or short (because when the "long" fall on soft surfaces it can cause more damage, because it digging into the surface...).
3. With extra drilled in the covers, or without? (If drilling is needed probably the location is more ideal).
4. For high or low speeds?
5. Maybe just for a more sporty looking?

You can search on YouTube, or eBay, or any other site for:
"Slider Honda CBR 250 R"
OR
"Slider Crash Protector frame or covers CBR250R"
OR
Any other combination of the keywords above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
First of all, thanks for your answer! I'm looking for an engine cover set because I'm starting to go to track days and I'd like to protect the engine in case of a crash. I rememberd there was a R&G set but looking for it on the internet I wasn't able to find it, so I wrote to GB Racing and asked them if their CBR 300 kit was compatible with out CBR 250R and it is! It's quite expensive too but it's the only one I've found.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
39 Posts
Juangt
There is no solution that is perfect for all crash situations. The motorcycle as it leaves the factory, if it falls on a flat road the engine is not supposed to damaged, because the engine is higher than other parts, and other parts absorb the impact, and damaged. Ask yourself what risk situations you want the protection for. If you find what you're looking for, and do the installation, we'll be happy to see photos in the forum.
Good-luck and Thank you very much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts