Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
105 % by weight? Don't understand. Typo?:confused:
MSDS rarely gives the specific formula, but must give a ballpark.

That's the "Ingredients and Nutritional Facts" for seafoam, though. ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm not too concerned with a rattle..I don't have that issue. Vibration..yea of course, it's a 250 it's gonna happen. Stalling on start up, not a big problem, I just hit the button again, but..it's gotta be more than coincidence it's happening once the bikes hit over 500 miles or so. But the one issue I have over anything is..the stalling while riding. That is a very scary thing to experience. Especially when you have traffic bearing down on you. And that issue also seems to come with more miles being put onto the bikes. It seems whatever is causing it, is either a bad/faulty part/s that are wearing out or burning out too quick. I talked to an engineer where I work who designs bcm modules for cars; he said "yes sure, if the parts are faulty they aren't going to last and will start failing. Even electronics will fail or break down just as quick as mechanical moving parts will". So I don't know. I just hope someone doesn't get hurt from a stall out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The stalling problem is the exhaust valve clearence is too tighten. My bike did that 3 times
In 1000 km (im in canada) i didnt adjust the valve amd now im at 2.3k km and no stalling

I love that bike no problems after the first oil change run smooth

Keldom

·
Registered
501 Posts
You need to... check Value clearance as there might be an issue with it. Once this is done, the engine will have reduced virations and also improve power.
My engine rattle got significantly worse after the valves were adjusted. Putting loosining up the exhaust valve clearances back to spec introduced enough additional slop in the valve train to increase the engine rattle.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The stalling problem is the exhaust valve clearence is too tighten. My bike did that 3 times
In 1000 km (im in canada) i didnt adjust the valve amd now im at 2.3k km and no stalling
You kind of kill your own argument when you consider that the vast majority of bikes who's valves fell out of adjustment had clearances that were too tight. That means if you didn't adjust your valves, they likely are getting tighter. Argument shot down.

Vacuum-related? I doubt it, since my rattle got quite a bit worse after the valves were loosened. Points to valve train slop, not vaccum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The problem didnt happen for me again! Dont know why but when i call honda
They said me that valvea need adjustement. In the ownera manual you need to check.
And ajust valves if its not in the specs at the first services

21 - 27 of 27 Posts