Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i go above 100km/hr the engine turns itself off and then at that speed i had to turn it on by turning off and on the engine kill switch. Is that a problem with my engine kill switch or the connection from handle bar to fuel pump and the wire that connects with the ecu from the accelerator. Please advise if replacing the engine kill switch will work or not.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
When I had problems with the kill switch on a 20-year-old Honda NX250, I loosened the clamshell and sprayed the kill switch electronics with contact cleaner. That eliminated the problem. I don't know if that will solve your problem, but, it is something that you can try.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
When i go above 100km/hr the engine turns itself off and then at that speed i had to turn it on by turning off and on the engine kill switch. Is that a problem with my engine kill switch or the connection from handle bar to fuel pump and the wire that connects with the ecu from the accelerator. Please advise if replacing the engine kill switch will work or not.
Seems strange that the kill switch would malfunction while riding.

Do you pull over, then cycle the switch, and then it's ok?

Does it sputter at all when it quits, or just stop immediately?

Do all the lights stay on when it quits?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems strange that the kill switch would malfunction while riding.

Do you pull over, then cycle the switch, and then it's ok?

Does it sputter at all when it quits, or just stop immediately?

Do all the lights stay on when it quits?
All the lights stay on but the engine stops responding and accelerator stops working as if the fuel pump has stopped receiving signals from accelerator. When i turn the engine kill switch on and then off then start the bike then it starts up and everything starts working fine.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
All the lights stay on but the engine stops responding and accelerator stops working as if the fuel pump has stopped receiving signals from accelerator. When i turn the engine kill switch on and then off then start the bike then it starts up and everything starts working fine.
It could be related to the fuel pump, as they seem to be somewhat problematic.

If the pressure/flow was not adequate to sustain higher speed riding it could just run out of gas temporarily until the engine is running more slowly or the pressure comes up enough to idle.

Check the tank to make sure it's free of rust.

If you think it's the fuel pump, look around here for related posts. Many people have had problems with new aftermarket pumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.