Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Engine light fault codes

28K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Tamir 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a list of the engine light codes? I'm racing my CBR250 in the local club championship and have just replaced all of the stock bodywork with lightweight racing plastic.

This was quite a job, but now I have reassembled it, the engine light is flashing. I think there are five long blinks and four short ones though I may have to re-check.

I suspect that it is trying to tell that all of the lighting and indicators are disconnected, which I know; I just took it all off, but I'm concerned that it may be something more sinister. If I take it to the dealer I'll have to load it on a trailer and I'm due to race it at the weekend.

It seems to run fine, as far as I can tell with it on the paddock stand. Anyone got a list of these codes?

#7 ·
I just picked up a 250r which was crashed. Front end is messed up and blinkers are all gone. Check engine light flashes, seems to run great. So I'm assumi it's e bank angle sensor and the fact that I'm missing connections. My cbr 1000 won't even start without this in place. That's strange! I can tart this bike without the speedo. Is that normal. First cbr 250r I've had lol

#8 ·
yes you can run it with just the battery+engine+ ingnition lock :)

you dont need speedo. it will just flash but bike will still run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.