Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its a Late 2011 model. Washed the bike and cleaned the area and it seems the oil is leaking from that tiny hole.

So the question arises, what is that hole for?

Please take a look at the attached pictures. My bike is Indian version.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Join the club.

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-problems-issues/11256-radiator-fluid-leaking-water-pump.html

Mine leaks oil and radiator fluid. :D

Its been attempted to be fixed like 3 times now and no luck. Their last fix made the leak slow wayy down though so I left it be. Free fix under warranty, Like $200 worth of fixing not under warranty. Doesn't need to be fixed unless there is a lot. Mine does fine leaking how much it does, even enough to get on my boot on just a single day ride.

It does it the most on the freeway while you're on the gas constantly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also noticed that when you ride at high rpm and high speed the amount of oil leak increases and also gets splashed all over the place due to wind. I wasn't worried earlier as all I could see was some moisture but now I can see oil droplets hanging. Still no oil on my floor or my shoes.

So now the question is if that is a coolant hole, why is the oil coming out? Now I am more confused.:confused:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I also noticed that when you ride at high rpm and high speed the amount of oil leak increases and also gets splashed all over the place due to wind. I wasn't worried earlier as all I could see was some moisture but now I can see oil droplets hanging. Still no oil on my floor or my shoes.

So now the question is if that is a coolant hole, why is the oil coming out? Now I am more confused.:confused:

Because the same shaft is used for the oil. And it has a seal in between them.

But yeah I never had drops on the floor. Wind blowage is normal though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 2013 leaks oil and coolant out of weep hole but has never been alot of fluid, the dealership told me that inside the water pump the seals inside are both ceramic and will almost always leak a small amount, that it's normal. I just wipe it every once in a while and keep on ridin and having fun.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I was cleaning my bike the other day, 2012 model bought in May, done 10,500km and noticed oil around the sump plug/on the bolt head. Not much just wet. Was riding it pretty hard.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
service manual cooling system 6-13
water pump mechanical seal inspection

check the inspection hole of the water
pump for signs of coolant leakage.

a small amount of coolant weeping from
the inspection hole and/or residue is normal.

if there is continuous coolant leakage from the
inspection hole while the engine is running,
replace the mechanical seal [page 6-14].

if oil leaks through the inspection hole,
replace the oil seal [page 6-14].

members are correct, according to svc manual
as to; 'a small amount of coolant weeping from
the inspection hole and/or residue is normal'..

·
Registered
2 Posts

My Bike same, after parking there is traces of green oil on the floor, dont know from where

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tq tamir, now, can i do it my self? Is there a video step by step on how to remove and replace the seal? Spare parts for cbr 250 in my area very hard to get. So i need to buy cooling pump seal? Or use back the old one

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
232 Posts
Tq tamir, now, can i do it my self? Is there a video step by step on how to remove and replace the seal? Spare parts for cbr 250 in my area very hard to get. So i need to buy cooling pump seal? Or use back the old one
Sometime I'll probably upload a video on this subject, I do not know when.
This is a job that requires:
  • A lot of knowledge and experience.
  • As well as a special tool for extracting the bearings and the mechanical seal.
  • And a lot of work time (relatively).

PUMP Parts:
  • Two PUMP seals.
  • It is advisable to replace the PUMP bearings as well.
  • PUMP O-Ring
  • Sealing washer for emptying screw plug

Required for the right engine cover removal task:
  • Oil-Seals.
  • O-Rings.
  • Gasket.
  • NEW engine oil.
  • NEW coolant.
  • You may need more parts...

Until then it is important to monitor the coolant level, and the oil level, otherwise further damage to the engine may be caused.
It must not be neglected and needs to be repaired.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts