Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to pull out for a ride today, and all seemed normal, until I started to move out of the driveway (maybe 20-30ft) and I started hearing a metallic whining/scraping sound coming from the engine. It sounded to be around the left crankcase cover.

I got off the bike with it still running to investigate, then after about 30 seconds the bike stalled and the metallic sound got really loud, then stopped when the engine went off. I tried to restart, but immediately got the same sound, so I pulled the bike back and haven't been able to find a similar problem.

I recently replaced the stator, battery, and added a slip-on exhaust, but nothing super majour. Any ideas on where I should start trying to diagnose the problem??

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Did you change the oil and filter?

Check the oil level just to be sure.

It's possible something isn't assembled correctly regarding the stator or something has moved or broken loose. Pull the cover and see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, oil level looks good. I changed that out when I worked on the stator. I'm hoping that it was a goof on my side in reassembly that didn't cause horrendous amounts of significant damage.😬

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Yeah, oil level looks good. I changed that out when I worked on the stator. I'm hoping that it was a goof on my side in reassembly that didn't cause horrendous amounts of significant damage.😬
Did you replace the oil filter? That is a potential problem.

If the filter is placed backward the oil supply to the engine is cut-off. Best confirm that didn't happen, though it may be too late if it did.

Hopefully that's not it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts