·
Registered
4,996 Posts
We all ride the same bike.

Reactions: TX_Dj

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
I wonder if it occurs to those owners who are on the "My CBR rattles and is about to explode" bandwagon, that they are a small minority relative to the total number of owners of the bike? I'm pretty sure Honda knows this, and Honda knows that there is nothing wrong with this engine. Even though there are something like ten "Rattle" threads on this forum, its the same small number of people bitching on all the redundant threads, over and over again. Kind of like stuffing the ballot box to win an election, wouldn't you say?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Some that claim to have the alleged rattle are afraid to ride their bike. That's really a shame... I wish I could be out riding right now.
Same here. But this work isn't going to do itself, nor is the paycheck gonna sign itself. ;)

Over in Rebel 250 land, there's the never ending (well, relatively common, let's say) strings of rattle/vibration/weird noise/sounds like it's going to pop threads.

The Rebby has no tach- instead, there is a red line circle around the speedo, where the lines "break off" with a number beside them.

Here's a sexy pic titled "Me In My Speedo": :D

Those are the redline road speeds for each gear. Most new rebby riders (and many experienced) will not take the bike to the red in any gear because they're afraid "it's going to pop!" That lil twin, much like the lil thumper in the weebr, it just loves to rev. It redlines at 10k...

"It rattles!" Yep, it's an engine. You're sitting on it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The pair valve can be removed or disabled without affecting the engine performance at all.
It is a minor polution control device that helps remove exhaust emissions. If a car or motorcycle is tuned on a dynamometer the pair valve has to be disabled to not get false air / fuel / exhaust / readings. The only problem that could arise is if warranty work would have to be done a dealer might not be happy if a polution control device was
disabled. Save the parts and put them back in if you need warranty service done.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Although, it is not a great issue and i like my bike, still, no man, it is not like ride it and forget it. It is really poor to think this way.
I have objections on forgetting this issue until there is a proper explanation from Honda itself.
So, we shut our mouths and companies screw us with faulty engine design or bike design?
What if you own a computer/laptop rattling? You just forget it and continue using it?
So companies can screw us more and more?
Which one of your bikes rattled like this before? None of my bikes.
What about you? Please think objective, you are not the owner of Honda company or it will not hurt your ego just because you bought a cbr250 maan!
There is a problem and there must be an explanation and enough is never enough until that happens.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Same here. But this work isn't going to do itself, nor is the paycheck gonna sign itself. ;)

Over in Rebel 250 land, there's the never ending (well, relatively common, let's say) strings of rattle/vibration/weird noise/sounds like it's going to pop threads.

The Rebby has no tach- instead, there is a red line circle around the speedo, where the lines "break off" with a number beside them.

Here's a sexy pic titled "Me In My Speedo": :D

Those are the redline road speeds for each gear. Most new rebby riders (and many experienced) will not take the bike to the red in any gear because they're afraid "it's going to pop!" That lil twin, much like the lil thumper in the weebr, it just loves to rev. It redlines at 10k...

"It rattles!" Yep, it's an engine. You're sitting on it.
Jeez, people can't fill their tank and you expect them to figure that out.......dreamer. And about you being sexy:eek:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have been riding since the mid 60's and just recently bought a cbr250r. It has rattled since day one at 5,500 to 7,000 rpm but it ran very strong.
I waited until after my 600 mile service (which went well and everything was fine other than 2 valve shims had to be replaced). The rattle was still there.
I was curious about the pair valve which is located on the valve cover. I removed the reed valve and the port plate below the reed valve. The port plate was totally loose in there. It is a very inexpensive part, stamped steel plate with holes to direct air to the pair valve. I removed the plate, put everything back together and disabled the pair valve by plugging the air line going in and capping the fitting going out. THE RATTLE IS GONE!
It instantly went from sounding like the engine was going to self destruct to a sweet sounding machine.
Do you still have the plate you removed?
could you post a pic of it please?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine Rattle/stalling

Alright. This engine rattle is normal.
First off it is a single cylinder engine its not going to be as smooth yes it's counter balanced but with out that balancer you would feel more.
Second that rattle is from the fuel injector it's not a rattle all you hear is the pulsing of the injector And valve noise. The rocker arms on the CBR250r and from the CBR1000rr. Its a strong little engine. Plus also is a chain engine which means there's a timing chain and not a belt. You are just hearing beautiful engine noise. Its nothing major. Most, if not all Honda's I.E cars and bikes have valve noise. It gives the bike character. If something major is going on you will know. Your on a bike if something is broken you'll feel it. Just ride and enjoy the noises it makes. If the noise bothers you put some exhaust on it.

Now the stalling. My Cbr has 300 miles on it and some of you have 6000miles that's nothing for Honda. Its still very new. Mine stalled once and I believe it was because I was breaking hard and down shifting. A lot of new bikes do that so new riders don't twist the throttle and crash. Its a safety feature.
Remember you bought a Honda.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doesn't it seem wiser to simply skip reading about topics/threads that work your nerves, rather than try to change the way other people behave?
Note- I haven't noticed any strange engine sounds.

Reactions: Red

·
Registered
177 Posts
Did I just get lucky? My engine makes no noticeable 'rattle' whatsoever. Only questionable sound is a chirp from the chain area when downshifting hard.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts