Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Epic Ride this weekend on the 28th.

# Name:
1. Tom
2. CBR250R ABS
3. RemusRM

Join us, we will be riding with some of the guys from http://SoCalRidersforum.com

Let us know if you’re up for it!
It would be nice to make a 250 presence amongst some of the bigger bikes, and let them know we are up to ride.

Here is the 411:

Posted by JimBeemer -
JB Epic Ride Saturday 1/28/12
on: January 02, 2012, 09:12:35 AM

Ok, you asked for it.....here's a new Epic Ride for you!

I'm calling this the "Tehachapi Loop Ride". this is a world famous railway loop that connects the rails from east to west. They got to this point and realized they had a serious problem. The elevations were so far off they couldn't connect. So an engineer designed this loop to solve the problem. We will see a train cross over itself.

Here's the skinny on the loop: Tehachapi Loop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a 400 mile day that I promise will satisfy and exhaust you. This will be an ALL DAY ride, going into the night before we get home.

PLEASE SHOW UP TO MEETING SPOTS WITH FULL TANKS OF GAS

Details:

Meet up spot A: KSU @ 8am sharp- Starbucks coffee, corner of Magnolia & Warner in Huntington Beach
Meet up spot B: KSU @ 8:45am sharp- Motel 6 parking lot at Century Blvd & 405 FWY

ALL riders are welcome. Nobody gets left behind. There will be plenty of twisties throughout the day and of course there will be a lot of Freeway driving to get to & from the action. We will stop for food somewhere along the way in the vicinity of 11-1.

Here is the map of the ride:

·
Registered
311 Posts
RemusRM and myself are down for this ride. So that's 3 250's. Any others ???

·
Registered
311 Posts
Fieldeffect ????

·
Registered
311 Posts
weather forecast says sunny and 75 degrees, perfect riding conditions.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright! First to respond, you win the door prize!

·
Registered
311 Posts
lunch or a coffee ?? j/k

·
Registered
323 Posts
I hate those of you who live in Cali. :mad: I just installed a full Race Tech setup and I can't try it out because there is snow on the ground. Once that melts completely, I have the sand and fallen tree debris to deal with. You guys are lame. I need a pouting faced emoticon.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I hate those of you who live in Cali. :mad: I just installed a full Race Tech setup and I can't try it out because there is snow on the ground. Once that melts completely, I have the sand and fallen tree debris to deal with. You guys are lame. I need a pouting faced emoticon.
trust me... is not all that, at times i want some snow and to shovel out the car... miss EU:)... wanna trade?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So*Cal
+1

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to be ridding out from the Palm Springs area if anyone wants to meet up along the way, let me know.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we'll take a ride up there (Tacoma), it rained one time here in So*Cal before... We’ll kick it up a notch for our next Epic Ride.

·
Registered
254 Posts
we'll take a ride up there (Tacoma), it rained one time here in So*Cal before... We’ll kick it up a notch for our next Epic Ride.
TOM lets do it... i am kinda of a hardcore person, in 2010 i cross the continent in a car, now i should do the bike:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
where ya from? join us
Pasadena, I was hoping to join you guys until Lancaster as I have a friend out there, but turns out they are going to be in Thousand Oaks.

Started riding the freeways a few weeks ago - got the bike in early December. Started with going 40 (Fontana), then 70(Dana Point), this weekend I may ride out a little further (working my way up to Santa Barbara so I can stay with a friend).

I've put 740 miles on it, because I just go out and drive for trivial things. You know, like returning a redbox movie 3 cities over :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts