Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy one of these jackets for about $130+ tax as sort of a "close out" deal. They retail for around $199 locally.

EVS Comp Jacket Adult Protective Suit Sports Bike Motorcycle Body Armor - Small/Medium

Could I please get some solid advice regarding the construction of this jacket and if it's a recommended buy for protection? My first impression after trying it on and looking at it up close is that it seems to have more impact protection/armor than my Phoenix Ion High-Vis jacket (shell vs. padding). I'm only concerned about the fabric itself being easy to rip if called upon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
It's hard to tell just from the picture but it seems to be just an armor suit so it won't help you much against abrasion. The description also never mentions protection from abrasion so to me it would be a no go or just as something to put under another jacket that does protect from road rash. Maybe it's cheaper to just go for a jacket that does both. It doesn't have to be the most expensive stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts