Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my stock exhaust to put on an Arrow slip on a few months back and there was a metallic gasket that had to be removed to install the slip on muffler. Now that I am returning the stock muffler I need another gasket for it to fit properly. Does anyone know where to find this gasket? it is almost like a metallic gasket wrap that goes around the pipe where the muffler claps to it. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Why are you going back to the stock exhaust? To loud? I need the same gasket if I ever go back to stock exhaust. Cant get the old one off in one piece. Wonder how much they are?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the stock muffler back on because I plan on selling the bike next season. The gasket only cost about 3 bucks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ordered mine verbally from useless local Honda dealer - took two weeks to arrive and they hand me the head to pipe gasket instead of muffler gasket. "Umm so does your 2011 CBR250Ra come with a catalytic converter?" These guys have $1,000 markup above MSRP on all items on the showroom floor.

Re-ordered this morning with the part number above from cheapcycleparts. $3.64 plus $9.99 shipping.

Local Yamaha dealer is really awesome, too bad there is no FZ250 in USA.

My 2 brothers is far too loud for me even with the $35 noise insert outlet pipe. I drive by people standing in their yards and they don't even look up, so its not too loud for others.

·
Super Moderator
6,939 Posts
... My 2 brothers is far too loud for me even with the $35 noise insert outlet pipe. I drive by people standing in their yards and they don't even look up, so its not too loud for others.
Do you wear ear plugs? If not, you might want to give them a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts