Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I've had my cbr250r since the end of March and am loving it. Just a little over 400 miles put on it. However I am starting to get the urge to want a new exhaust tip. Any suggestions on how to find the right one/fit? I've been researching some on google but the same four or so brands always appear and they are a little out of how much I want to spend just on a slip-on exhaust, why are they so dang expensive lol? I know you pay for the quality but I'm not really looking to spend $400+ dollars on it. Is there any out there in the 150-250 dollar range?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Check out Steveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's collection via facebook.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I, (like some others), opted to go the cheap route and get a DanMoto exhaust. I personally have the titanium GP, so I cant comment on the other models. With that said, I wish I would have waited and put a little more cash with it and got a quality exhaust. The issues Ive had include poor fitment (as experienced with other members) and the muffler itself is leaking where the can is put together. Its sounds ok with the baffle in, not many high end exhausts sound any better. The weight reduction is a plus also. I will eventually go with a full leo, jardine, or akro (ideal).

The cost of the Danmoto was about 140.00, plus another 7.00 for the baffle. In addition I have spent around 25 to 30 bucks making it fit correctly and it still isnt perfect. As others have stated, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm,$ 140 isnt bad but you mentioned it was hard to make it fit correctly, that is where I might just have to save up a little longer and maybe go with a more expensive one, I just wonder if the price tag on some of the higher-end exhausts are worth it? I like the price of that Leo Vince at $325 though, I might look into that. I just don't really have a large chunk of money atm for a quality slip-on. I might just wait for taxes :confused: hmmph. I can make do with the stock though, theres really nothing bad about it and I'm sure they designed it to be optimum with stock standards. I just would like a little more sound from it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just installed my LeoVince GP Corsa Carbon last night and love it, $199 plus free shipping from Biohazard, pretty hard to beat imo.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No tweaking yet, just going to let it re-learn. I might tell my dealer to reset it later this month when I take it in for an inspection. It smells like it might be running a hair on the rich side, but other then that I can feel more torque down low, and the weight savings was nice too. Plus I like the way it sounds, one angry thumper!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hi everyone! I've had my cbr250r since the end of March and am loving it. Just a little over 400 miles put on it. However I am starting to get the urge to want a new exhaust tip. Any suggestions on how to find the right one/fit? I've been researching some on google but the same four or so brands always appear and they are a little out of how much I want to spend just on a slip-on exhaust, why are they so dang expensive lol? I know you pay for the quality but I'm not really looking to spend $400+ dollars on it. Is there any out there in the 150-250 dollar range?
$150-$250 is unrealistic for a quality exhaust. The bike is so new in the states they are still raking consumers over the coals with prices. Perhaps save up for an FMF or a Two Bros M2.

Matt and I have the same exhaust and here is his clip without the baffle.

2012 Honda CBR 250R with Two Brothers VALE Exhaust - YouTube

This exhaust can be located here --> TWO BROS 005-3020406V M-2 AL SO EXHAUST CBR250R 11-12

FMF 041472 CARBON CF SLIP ON SO EXHAUST MUFFLER HONDA CBR250R 11-12

1 - 11 of 11 Posts