Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read through many forums on here about the ideal slip on/full exhaust systems for a nice, loud, mean sounding exhaust, with a reasonable price. A lot of people have been leaning on the yoshi system, but I really don't feel like paying $500-$600 for mods on a $4000 bike. Any suggestions??? :confused:

-2013, Red&Black two-tone, bone stock. :cool:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Anything you do to the exhaust on this bike makes it sound like a dirt bike. Leave it alone, spend your money a great quality riding gear or if that's covered, gas. What do you want to make a bunch noise for anyway?

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I read through many forums on here about the ideal slip on/full exhaust systems for a nice, loud, mean sounding exhaust, with a reasonable price. A lot of people have been leaning on the yoshi system, but I really don't feel like paying $500-$600 for mods on a $4000 bike. Any suggestions??? :confused:

I love my Leo Vince Corsa. Full system was just under $300 shipped. Very deep sounding without the baffle in. Videos can't do the sound of it justice. Hope you find something you like!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I run a Musarri slip-on on my bike, bought it for $200 delivered from Perth. It's loud, not so much of a "mean" growl. More like a 2-stroke dirt bike, and I love it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
my bike sounds like a royal enfield single
that parks here occasionally..
dont care what 'dirt bikes' sound like..
motive shedding all that weight
not generating loud noise
[lv evoII carbon s/o both reducers in]

my 4 stroke single motorcycle,
sounds like a 4 stoke single motorcycle..
like its heartbeat, and music to my ears..

it can be ridden off load without loud noise,
but makes itself heard under load [like me]..
bought it from another member, used but good,
and priced within my range [tight arse range]..

riding a motorcycle unless electric powered
must make some, noise.. thats just part of it..
saying 'it only sounds like a dirt bike'
is like saying a woman smells like a woman..
some might prefer her to smell like a flower
or a lollypop.. conditioned and confused..

pretty soon everything will sound like
an electric shaver anyway..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow thanks everyone for the responses, didn't think anyone would care to post a reply.
My main reasoning for wanted something louder than stock (besides the love of customizing something I paid my hard earned cash for) is the need to be heard, as they say, loud bikes save lives. Ammi right? I bought a really nice padded Icon jacket that matches my bike, DOT and Snell approved helmet, and my standard issue combat boots pretty much have me covered on safety precautions. Very solid points though, Ill have to check those exhausts out, I just wish someone with a nice quality recording device had a video posted on Youtube so I can hear what it's like before I make a purchase. Links anyone??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I run a Musarri slip-on on my bike, bought it for $200 delivered from Perth. It's loud, not so much of a "mean" growl. More like a 2-stroke dirt bike, and I love it.
I found the Leo exhaust that was mentioned above, but I can't seem to find the Musarri one? Do they make one for the 2013? I thought they were all universal matching??:confused:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I found the Leo exhaust that was mentioned above, but I can't seem to find the Musarri one? Do they make one for the 2013? I thought they were all universal matching??:confused:
Product Comparison - Musarri Racing Exhaust

I believe the 2011-2013 exhaust is exactly the same, just cosmetic change (black shield) for the 2013. This slip-on should bolt straight on.

I opted for the silver one, looks great. Was worried about colour fading on the others.

There is also Screaming Demon ones available.

Product Comparison - Screaming Demon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I listened to every system I could on Youtube and ended up getting the Two Bros Black Series Aluminum slip on, the videos dont give you an idea of how loud it really is lol not horribly abnoxious but its louder than I expected. Ya it does sound like a CRF450 but I like it, I wanted to be heard when around other traffic and now I am. Cost me about $350 and it looks a helluva lot better than that gawdy stock chunk of metal. Good luck...

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
well if you can fabricate i suggest making your own.... i used two 12'' shorties and and couple adapters from the auto parts store . love the sound, volume, and the looks... and the fact it was less than $35. its three chambers first no baffle,2nd and third are baffled. its quiet low pitched rumble at idle and dbs increase with rpm and near redline screams like a banshee and definatly gets noticed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Have the 2 bros carbon and its LOUD like ear plugs for longer than 20 min ride loud. I'll be making a silencer for it, the included one doesn't do much to quiet it at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts

don't know how much of a performance advantage you'd get with the full exhaust system vs. slip-on exhaust. you're probably better off getting just a slip-on and saving some money. I got an aftermarket exhaust for two reasons: 1) weight savings - stock exhaust is like 30lb!! the Yoshi pipe is about 6-8lb (1/3 the weight!) and 2) be seen, and be HEARD! it's safer to be on a loud bike, plain and simple. No arguing with that IMO.

i got a Yoshimura R-77 slip-on - I've included a link below. It was ~$350 free shipping on Revzilla. Also has a dB silencer insert that makes it a bit quieter. Of all the exhausts I've seen in the same price range, the Yoshi looked to be the highest quality. Nice, chrome finish with a carbon fiber tip. The sound is loud, but not overwhelming. It sounds great IMO.

Has a great deep, throaty sound at low RPM and really howls at WOT. Nice sounds on down-shifts too, especially the throttle blips! I think hearing a motorcycle is a big part of the enjoyment of the ride so for me the exhaust was very important and it was the first mod I did. In fact, i bought the yoshi pipe before I even bought the bike! haha

Yoshimura R-77 Slip-On Exhaust Honda CBR250R 2011-2013 - RevZilla

i also uploaded two pics of my exhaust on my bike in the review section on the revzilla page!

·
Registered
81 Posts
As I know you will gain more with full system compared with slip on. With a full system you can tune the engine better not like with slip on that will only increase the noise it produce.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts